What's new

Money not a thought - what is best Balm

So far my favorites are

Nivea Sensitive Balm
Nivea Energy
The Body Shop Arber

Nivea Energy feels really good on the skin.

They all work well for me.

Great thread by the way.

Nobody has mentioned one that I find myself reaching for a lot: Pre de Provence. Loaded with shea butter, it is super moisturizing and soothing. It is very lightly scented so it does not conflict with an AS splash, cologne or EdT.

It's priced in the middle of the pack and is extremely concentrated, so the 2.5 oz tube lasts a long time.

--Bob

Off the beaten path; 100% Unrefined Organic Shea Butter hands down over all others.

More Traditional; Maca Root Razor Relief, Tabac, Aramis Original, SPA Dead Sea Aftershave Gel.

Last edited:
Nobody has mentioned one that I find myself reaching for a lot: Pre de Provence. Loaded with shea butter, it is super moisturizing and soothing. It is very lightly scented so it does not conflict with an AS splash, cologne or EdT.

It's priced in the middle of the pack and is extremely concentrated, so the 2.5 oz tube lasts a long time.

--Bob
+1. The packaging is almost identical to that of L'Occitane and while they both have Shea butter, I prefer the Pre over L'Occitane as far as scent and performance.

susan kaufmann.

$thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Even with pricey AS balms I like to stick with Proraso White and all Proraso Line.
And the splash, Floid Blue is #1 for me altough I'm using more and more the Fine AS

My favorites are the balms from Castle Forbes and DR Harris. I use them extensively during cold/dry season.

Art of Shaving sandalwood balm. It's my favorite, but it is also expensive. Not as expensive as DRH though, because the latter
is thinner so I use more

Nothing beats Myrsol Emulsion in my experience. It's the only weapon in my large arsenal of AS I use every day, but I use it as a pre-shave. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't use a pre-shave.

Top Bottom