What's new

Modern DE blades tv ad, can you beleive?

India's economy is growing fast so I won't be surprised to see some Greek DE ads instead.

According to Russell Peters, the whole world will be brown in a matter of 200, 300 years, so looking at these beauties, I wonder why not start now?! :tongue_sm

That mean DE shaving is for high class people:thumbup1:

Please. Give me a break.

Anyway, after this commercial, I'm inclined to believe that using this blade will have a beautiful woman come through my door and hand me my clothes. Where can I buy this blade again?

Yeah those Indian babes are hot.

There sure is something alluring about the dark eyes, jet black hair and pale skin.
My wife isn't Indian but she does has these attributes. She has some Arabian blood in her from a few generations back :001_cool:

It is funny as hell. I still laugh out loud at signs that say: "minimarket" written in Hebrew and the like. Some of the misspellings are absolutely hilarious. SWMBO still gets a confused look on her face when I burst out laughing for no apparent reason. Since she is Israeli, she doesn't understand why I think its funny, and even when I explain why, she still doesn't get it, which of course, increases the absurdity of it. I must admit I have had some great fun at the expense of Israelis who mangle English, although sometimes, it works the other way when I mangle Hebrew.

EHHHHHHHH...You dont like ow signz"? that is my Israeli impression...much funnier in person lol

I doubt it's because Hindi does not have the proper words. I live in Israel now, and it's quite common to hear English in commercials as well as English slang or expressions in daily speech. It is due to globalization, and the influence of American TV, radio, and movies. When you throw in some American slang or expressions, it lends a certain "credibility" to your product. It sounds weird, I know, but I have seen this phenomenon in Central and South America, and I am fluent in the Spanish language as well. Adopting American cultural themes adds panache to products, as crazy as that may seem.

This is true for many other countries but English has been the lingua franca in India for over a hundred years due to impact of the British Raj and as a means to cope with the huge number of different languages and dialects in use. It is actually the 2nd official language in India after Hindi.
I've met high class (and caste) Indians studying at international universities whose English was perfect but their Hindi was virtually non-existent. However many middle-class Indians speak, read and write excellent English as a second-language (and it is the primary language used in India for the internet and in their huge IT industry).

...notice how the dialog uses English words here and there (is this because Hindi has no words for certain concepts?).

English words appearing in foreign speech has a certain...a certain... je ne sais quoi. Oh well, ce sera sera. :biggrin1:

K.T.

I wish my 7 o'clock blacks glimmered like than when I pulled them out and a hot Indian woman appeared in my bathroom!

This is true for many other countries but English has been the lingua franca in India for over a hundred years due to impact of the British Raj and as a means to cope with the huge number of different languages and dialects in use. It is actually the 2nd official language in India after Hindi.
I've met high class (and caste) Indians studying at international universities whose English was perfect but their Hindi was virtually non-existent. However many middle-class Indians speak, read and write excellent English as a second-language (and it is the primary language used in India for the internet and in their huge IT industry).

I agree with you on the history of English in India. What I was trying to get it at is the impact of American culture and the like on another country with respect to slang and common expressions. English is taught as a second language in Israel in state public schools, and is the lingua franca of the high tech industry, as well as international business. Many Israelis speak a good quality English, but they sound like Adam Sandler in: "Don't mess with the Zohan".:001_cool:

Top Bottom