What's new

Modern adjustable DEs with a knurled handle?

The best razor I have found that is best for me overall is the Rex Ambassador. The one DE razor that I can actually get a BBS shave with. The Knurl on the handle is the best in my opinion and is a heavy razor. I think it is worth the money but that’s up to you. Technically every razor currently made is only marginally better than a vintage Gillette razor.

Rockwell Model T.
A good choice, but unfortunately the Rockwell Model T is not available for retail purchase. Rockwell, more than three years since launch, is still fulfilling crowdfunding pledges. So unless you are a backer or can find one on the secondary market (which seems pretty non-existent at present), you can't get a Model T. It's not clear when, if ever, the Model T will be produced in numbers sufficient for general retail sales.

@Spang
You're absolutely right. Unfortunately my only adjustable razors are the Rockwell 6S and Model T. I love both and use both extensively. I have nothing else to compare them to and nothing else I can recommend due to lack of experience. I do hope Rockwell gets their manufacturing process down for the Model T. It's a great razor. The only thing it has on the 6S in my opinion is you don't have to keep track of three separate baseplates. Other than that the 6S is superb as well. I have the 6S for home use and the Model T for travel. I do take the Model T out for a spin once in awhile even when I am not traveling.

Top Bottom