What are you in the real world?
Immigration lawyer

What is your favorite shave setup?
Taylor's skin food (night before)
Merkur HD
Vulfix 403

As for the rest:
I'm still in the experimentation stage!
I like Proraso cream, balm and A/S (a fine Monday morning shave), Taylor's Lavender and Eton College (including A/S), T&H 1805 and Musgo Real (cream & A/S) setups.
Trumper's Coral skin food.

As I've just hit the one month mark, the alum block comes in handy, but I don't seem to need it as much these days...

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Reading, movies, languages -- and spending time with our friends so I can practice them (my wife is the family linguist with Spanish (native), English, Portuguese, Italian, French and German -- I limp along with Spanish and Portuguese). Also, the Boston area is great for long walks.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I became interested in wetshaving a month ago when I read about it online... what a great morning ritual and wakeup for someone who doesn't feel human until about 9:30! I look forward to learning more and probably asking some questions on the forum.

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Howdy. Btw, what do you, do, mostly, as an immigration lawyer? I just did an asylum application for a Lama from Tibet, and it was tremendously rewarding....

Family, removal, and an assortment of "letter" visas (the varied practice of the clean-shaven solo!) Was your case a foray into immigration, or were you testing the waters?

Josh

More of a pleasant diversion from my usual drudgery, really. I work in a litigation practice, and picked it up as a pro bono. Hoping to do another (maybe as lead this time - I was just assisting on the last), when I catch up on hours a little.... (oh how I hate minimum billable hour requirements).

How do you find solo practice? I kind of have dreams of it at times, someday in the future, when I have sufficient experience, although I am sure it is not the utopia I imagine.

moses said:
More of a pleasant diversion from my usual drudgery, really. I work in a litigation practice, and picked it up as a pro bono. Hoping to do another (maybe as lead this time - I was just assisting on the last), when I catch up on hours a little.... (oh how I hate minimum billable hour requirements).

It's definitely rewarding. Room for litigators, too... especially on the removal side, though there are opportunities for USDC practice as well. Litigation isn't my bag but I'm doing more of it and enjoying it more.

How do you find solo practice? I kind of have dreams of it at times, someday in the future, when I have sufficient experience, although I am sure it is not the utopia I imagine.

I love it... I'd recommend it to anyone. Especially if you can develop a good niche (the language and practice area combo certainly help)

Feel free to pm me on solo questions.

Cheers,

Josh

Oops, I see I didn't get the hang of that "quote" feature...

It's definitely rewarding. Room for litigators, too... especially on the removal side, though there are opportunities for USDC practice as well. Litigation isn't my bag but I'm doing more of it and enjoying it more.

:confused:

Josh

Top Bottom