What's new

Mini-sized Century brush

w/16mm synthetic knot

C1BBCAA1-0885-4F5C-9972-3DD4FFFFB668.jpeg

That's really nice. I have about a half dozen small brushes and that one looks better than any of mine. Where did you find the handle?

That's really nice. I have about a half dozen small brushes and that one looks better than any of mine. Where did you find the handle?

Thanks. I found it in an antique store. Even better, I was able to pull the old knot out by hand. I’ve had pretty poor luck searching local antique stores overall, but this was a nice surprise.

@pork - that’s the only place I could find a 16mm knot too. How do you like it? I’ve read several reviews on their badger knots (both good and bad) but none on the synthetic, which I would think is as good as any other “angel hair” type synth. In other words, easy to lather, very soft, but no backbone. Fantastic looking brush, I’ve been wanting to make a mini travel brush for quite some time, if you like the knot I’m going to take the plunge. The price is reasonable enough. If you don’t mind, could you post the height and width?

@pork - that’s the only place I could find a 16mm knot too. How do you like it? I’ve read several reviews on their badger knots (both good and bad) but none on the synthetic, which I would think is as good as any other “angel hair” type synth. In other words, easy to lather, very soft, but no backbone. Fantastic looking brush, I’ve been wanting to make a mini travel brush for quite some time, if you like the knot I’m going to take the plunge. The price is reasonable enough. If you don’t mind, could you post the height and width?

I haven’t used it yet. I have another travel sized brush (acquired around the same time) and I was waiting to finish this one to determine if I wanted to keep both of them or not. The knot seems good enough, but it is only 16mm. I figure it was worth a roll of the dice.

Top Bottom