What's new

Merkur razor heads

I recently lent a good friend, and recent convert, my 38c. He loves the shave compared to his tech and would like one of his own, but I'm not letting him have mine!! So I have looked around at several Merkur razors for him and noticed that several of the heads on them look like the 38c. But they are all different prices and have different handles.
Are there any that have the exact same head? Or are each of them a different head(and a different shave)?

The Merkur safety bar heads are exactly the same except for the Futur, Vision. The slant heads on the 37 and 39 are different of course along with the open comb heads. The only real difference between the safety bar heads is whether the head is two-piece or three-piece.

The Merkur safety bar heads are exactly the same except for the Futur, Vision, slant heads, and open comb heads. The only real difference is whether the head is two-piece or three-piece.
That was precisely the answer I was looking for. :thumbup: Thank you James!

The Merkur safety bar heads are exactly the same except for the Futur, Vision. The slant heads on the 37 and 39 are different of course along with the open comb heads. The only real difference between the safety bar heads is whether the head is two-piece or three-piece.

+1 Very nice shavers.

Merkur closed comb heads for the non-adjustable are all the same. Just as all Mühle and Edwin Jagger closed comb share the same head.

So, If I use the correct Maggard handle and a Merkur head off of my 23 C, can replicate a Merkur 38C but at a cheaper
cost?

So, If I use the correct Maggard handle and a Merkur head off of my 23 C, can replicate a Merkur 38C but at a cheaper
cost?
I asked this same question at Maggard razors and they said yes the closest handles
would be either the MR6 (Which I already have) or the MR7 which is the same length as
the MR6 but about 10g lighter.

Top Bottom