What's new

Merkur is horrible.

I switched to a Merkur blade on my shavette today because my Dovos that came with it wore out.

My face was swiss cheese. I don't understand how my shave experience could change so drastically, but it did.

V

VR6ofpain

I really do not care for the Mekur blades. Some say they last a long time...but I only see this because no one uses them. I could have the 5 pack in my stash for years, since I refuse to use them.

Considering they make some nice razors it is sad their blades are so inferior.

Merkur blades aren't my favorite but I still get great shaves with them. They are the least sharp blade I have tried but I also get more shaves out of a merkur blade than any other.

If they were cheaper I wouldn't mind using them more.

I find that the first shave with a Merkur blade is awful - it drags like crazy, then they are OK after this. I still much prefer Perma-Sharp though - great shave every time.

I switched to a Merkur blade on my shavette today because my Dovos that came with it wore out.

My face was swiss cheese. I don't understand how my shave experience could change so drastically, but it did.

Its not your shave experience. Indeed MERKUR blades are a mess for my face too :nono:.

Ill never try them again. Currently Im using personna and im ok

Considering they make some nice razors it is sad their blades are so inferior.

Actually I think both blades and razors are above average and both have their issues.

The blades are too pricey and, considering the sometimes poor QC, so are their razors.

In my experience, the best blades for the shavette are the long blades that fit in the black holder. The shave is the closet to using a real straight.

I shaved Saturday with a brand new Merkur blade in a Progress. A couple of nicks and a lot of dragging, i.e. a less than memorable shave! Same blade today in a 34HD... BBS.

Go figure!

I just cut myself more with the Merkur than I did when I had the blade installed incorrectly. My face feels tight and painful all over. I think there might be a few cuts that even the styptic pen won't cure.

I hate these blades-alot. I'm going to switch back to my Mach 3 until I can find more suitable blades. The Dovo's I used before worked spectacular.

I find Merkur blades to be quite good but too expensive. The quality is fine imho.:confused1

I agree. I find Merkur blades to be pretty decent. They shave well. They're good, but not great any any stretch of the imagination. Really the biggest problem with them, I think, is that they are just too pricey for what you get.

No, it is not your imagination.

Somewhere on the forums I have microscope pics I took of the Merkur and a Feather DE blade edges.

The Merkur looks like the surface of the moon! Horrible!

When I first started DE shaving, I used Merkur blades in my Futur (nice razor BTW...) I switched to Feathers, and realized truly what POSs the Merkur blades were.

In my experience, the best blades for the shavette are the long blades that fit in the black holder. The shave is the closet to using a real straight.

The green holder I purchased for my Shavette just showed up today. I am looking forward to trying it out, as I don't think the thin flexible short DE blades are anywhere close to resembling a shave produced with a real straight.

The green holder uses blades intended for hair shapers such as the Fromm.

blades are made by Fromm, Personna, and I am sure some others:

proxy.php

Top Bottom