What's new

Merkur Futur

Hi i just joined. Im really enjoying this discussion group. Thanks for having me. My question is this. I just got a merkur futur. Im really enjoying this razor. I was using a merkur classic till i made the switch. However, i noticed that when i adust the dial going up from 1-6, i notice that the bar gets more slanted on one side. It looks unaligned. Is this normal?

exido,
Welcome to B&B. The issue that your describing with the futur doesn't sound good, but as I don't own one myself, I'll let some of our futur owners chime in here. Hopefully this will turn out to be an easy fix.

I don't think that this is normal.

I will be shipping my Futur out next week because of chrome flaking off the head. Seems as if their quality control is slipping up.

Send it back.

exido,
The futur is the first DE I purchased some 3 years ago. While there is a slight variation from one side to the other, it is really not perceptible at all. If you are able to see a difference as you adjust your Futur, you should send the razor back to where you purchased it. That appears to be a manufacturing flaw.

I purchased the Futur as my first DE a couple of months ago. I have noticed the same thing. At 1 it is even but as I turn it up I notice a slight "slant" effect along each edge. I took the blade out and put the cap back on and turned it up. When I did this I noticed that it has more of a gap between the cap and the top of the razor handle on one end. The cap seems to sit a bit higher one one end as the settings are increased. I normally shave at a 1 but sometimes go to 1.5 or 2 and can't notice the gap. It shaves perfectly even with the "slant' effect.

Yes exactly my situation..I dont know if its normal thinking that the larger the gap, the more of a slant is needed for a non irritated shave. Some say it isnt, i want to make sure. Maybe its a defect, or maybe a smart method. Or maybe it has to be taken apart and put back together again. I will call tomorrow and post what happens. Thanks for all your replies.

Top Bottom