What's new

Merkur 25c vs Parker 26C

I tried to search but was not successful so here is my question which one is more aggressive merkur 25c or Parker 26C?
I tried 26c and found out that with 3 different blades it is mild enough for me with Derby Extra, to my surprise but not efficient enough to keep it so I want to find out if merkur is a good choice instead. I also tried Fatip but it was too aggressive for me even with mild blade

@Olegausany I have the 25C but not the 26C. I do have the Parker 98R however. I just used the 25C this morning which I've had sine January and every time I learn something new in terms of technique. The 25C has a very small blade gap so don't expect anything aggressive like I first did figuring an open comb would be more aggressive. From my experience I really need to get the angle just perfect for the razor to work. Also, its a light razor so my tendency is to apply more pressure but you gotta do the opposite. Less pressure and finding the right angle seems to be the trick with the 25C. It's very smooth though I must say.

It's been a real challenge for me using the 25C. If I had to choose between my Parker 98R and the 25C I'd go with the Parker for sure. I like the weight and the thickness of the handle and I got good shaves right out of the box with it. My guess is I'd like the Parker 26C as well. It's a nice looking razor too with a long and thick handle. The Merkur 25C has a very thin handle and is very lightweight. But if you found the 26C too mild my guess is that you'd find the 25C even more mild. But lemme know if you do end up with the 25C so we can compare notes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply
I got 25c and tried it with stock handle and GSB blade. It is very light and that is why people want to apply pressure. I got Maggard MRG handle and will try 25c with it to see if it will be an improvement

@Olegausany So the MRG handle must be heavier right? How do you find the overall shave with just the stock parts? It's mild right? Did you find getting the right angle difficult at all?

Yes Maggard handle is heavier than the stock. With the stock handle i had to do multiple passes so ended up with some irritation
I would not say that Parker 26C was mild, from 3 different blades I have tried only Derby Extra was a good match for me, other were more aggressive

Top Bottom