...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240429_223215.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#134 of 366 remaining 232(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (17)
Brush: Yaqi Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: MdC Original(98)
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for Muhle/MdC Monday I used the same setup as the last couple of weeks. It just feels so classy using the Rocca set so I love to take any chance I get to use it. The MdC provided it's usual excellent lather and the 17th use Sharpedge provided a very good shave though not a BBS.

First pass with Panasonic Washable Beard Trimmer
Preshave: shower and soak with St Johns Vetiver Bar Soap
Brush: Shavemac 24 mm / 54 mm bulb two band silvertip DO1 in Copper Canyon
Soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / @Rosseforp GTB 19.2 gram handle
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (1)
Splash: Catie's Bubbles Un Jour Gris
Frag: St Johns Vetiver Cologne

DFS+ 9.7 on neck face BBS.

First pass was the 17th on the previous Spoiler. It was very rough and I got a few nicks. Midway through I changed out for a fresh blade and relathered my neck for a blissful rest of my N-S first pass. So much better. First Martin de Candre Monday in a while. Perfect lather and the DO1 did a great job. I don't remember if I added menthol to Un Jour Gris or not, but, it was nice and frosty. I use St Johns Vetiver soap every day, but, this is the first day in a while that I have used the cologne. Very pleasant scent.

Mike M

IMG_20240520_142942.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#141 of 366 remaining 225(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Blue 2 (3)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original(99)
A/S: CK Davidoff Cool Water

Tonight it is Muhle/MdC Monday again so I broke out the original and lathered it with the Kosmo. I'm looking forward to next week's 100th shave with the Original, though if you look at how much is gone you'd never believe I'd got that many shaves out of it. Anyway, the Rocca made a decent job of the shave though I ended up with two rough patches low on my neck. Usually they would be higher, or on my jawline so they are probably down to me.

Mike M

IMG_20240520_142942.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#148 of 366 remaining 218(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Blue 2 (10)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original(100)

Tonight it was Muhle/MdC Monday once again and had a favourite combo of mine, Original and the Kosmo. They always provide a great lather and tonight was no exception. The Blue 2 finally reached double digits and surprised me with a BBS finish, well worth the effort.

I nearly forgot to mention that I finally reached 100 shaves from the MdC, a major milestone.

Mike M

IMG_20240520_142942.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#155 of 366 remaining 211(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Blue 2 (17)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: MdC Original

I know the picture shows the Kosmo and I was going to use it, but at the last moment I just couldn't resist using the Rocca STF brush. What can I say, other than the blade this is one of my favourite setups. The shave was excellent as usual and other than a slight rough patch on my neck it gave an excellent finish too.

Top Bottom