What's new

MDC Monday

💈 🪒 SOTD April 15 2024 💈 🪒

MdC Monday

Hello friends

I start the week optimistic, despite the cloudy day. I'm 66 years old, but I feel 65... and a half.

For today, I decided on a green shave, MdC Fougère, Omega Jade and Skin Bracer. For a little excitement, I summoned my little great friend Il Piccolo, with the blade that in my humble opinion is the one that suits him best, Silver Star (2).

With us, at this magnificent event, Wayne Shorter's magical sax.

Rating: 10

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

3FC35DBF-7A85-4C3C-981C-01349F9DC3D7.jpeg
IMG_6325.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240415_121638.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#106 of 366 remaining 260(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: MdC Original(94)
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight after such a very long time without using my Rocca set I decided to take this first chance with a new blade to finally use it again. It felt soooooo good, the larger gap of the Rocca compared to last nights R89 was efficient enough to leave me with a BBS. The soap, razor and blade just came together to produce a superior shave tonight.

🪒🪒 SOTD April 22nd 2024 🪒🪒

MdC Monday

Hello friends

The week started with a beautiful Monday. Perfect for MdC Original with its aromas of Lavender, Mint and Rosemary. As always with it and the Semogue SOC Boar, an easy and abundant lather.

In honor of this week's SOTD theme, I chose the blade that was generously given to me by my dear @awk_m4 :vintage Polsilver. A special blade that combined extremely well with the Greencult 2.0 plate II. I finished with my favorite Pinaud, Classic Vanilla.

With us a genius, Charles Mingus in a tribute to another genius, Lester Young.

Rating: 10

❤️🪒

8389237D-59FF-454A-91F3-17D9FB36933C.jpeg
IMG_6498.jpeg

Mike M

IMG_20240422_134602.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#112 of 366 remaining 254(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle R41
Blade: GSB (9)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original

Tonight it is MdC/Muhle Monday once again and the Original was lathered with the Kosmo, just a dream team. I decided to try out the R41 with the GSB to see if the combo had any merit. With that slick MdC lather the R41 had no problem mowing down my 24hr stubble to leave me with a BBS once again. Not bad for the ninth shave with a blade.

Mike M

IMG_20240429_223215.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#119 of 366 remaining 247(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (3)
Brush: Yaqi Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: MdC Original

Tonight for Muhle/MdC Monday I decided to once again turn to my beloved Rocca set. I loaded the 7 O'Clock Sharpedge into the Rocca for it's third shave and lathered up. I got the usual excellent lather and shaved away, MdC made for a particularly smooth and close shave with yet another BBS

MicroMatic and MDC Monday

Trying to figure out a way to use up these awful Ted Pella Injector blades. Tried one in the MMOC.
I swear these blades cannot be PTFE coated. I've shaved with enough Carbon and SS PTFE blades to feel the difference. It gave up a serviceable shave. I'll try the next one in a Bullet Tip.
MDC was amazing as usual.

GEM Micro Matic Razor
Ted Pella Injector Blade
Martin de Candre Nature Soap
Frank Shaving G7 Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On
RazoRock Tuscan Oud Aftershave

2540EA3B-6AAC-4323-ADA1-D43DE2BFC9EF-compressed.jpeg

Mike M

IMG_20240429_223215.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#127 of 366 remaining 239(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (10)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: MdC Original(97)

Tonight MdC/Muhle Monday was upon us again and that was good news for me as the Rocca set got another outing. The MdC was on its 97th outing and the Sharpedge was on it's 10th use. Unfortunately I had to rush the shave a little so I couldn't take as much care shaving my neck as I did yesterday so it was left a little rough, but it was still a most enjoyable shave.

Monday Morning MicroMatic & MDC Melee

Wanted to try out some Vintage Personna Injector blades that came my way recently.
Popped one into my trusty Bullet Tip and WOW, are they a sweet shave.
MDC Sample only required a bit of loading and produced a nice rich three pass lather plus
a face wash.

GEM MicroMatic Bullet Tip
Personna Injector Blade (1X)
Martin de Candre Vetyver Sample
Frank Shaving G7 Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

BRUT Aftershave

AEDD30CA-7D85-490F-B3F4-7EEAD4F8C027-compressed.jpeg

🪒 🪒 🪒 SOTD - “New Gear" Theme Week - May 13-19, 2024 🪒 🪒🪒

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

MdC Monday

Hello friends

Beautiful start to the week, here. Following this week's SOTD theme, I debuted a soap that I bought last month, but only arrived today: MdC Agrumes. Wonderful, like all the other Martin de Candre I've tried. With it, came a complimentary blade that I also used for the first time: Gillette 7 o’clock SharpEdge (1). Despite being a Gillette from PPI, I didn't find it to be at the same level as GSB, Nacet or Perma-Sharp. Maybe I'll reconsider my opinion on a second try.

Greencult 2.0 for its exposure is the razor I always use to evaluate a new blade. And SOC Mistura, the brush with which I judge a new soap.

Pinaud Citrus Musk finished the shave.

With us, Lee Morgan's brilliant trumpet.

Rating: 9,5

❤️🪒

F350E014-68B2-4ABB-A009-98465B08FA31.jpeg
IMG_6920.jpeg

Top Bottom