What's new

Maxwell June Razor. Anyone try this razor yet?

I personally think they have confidence, but I also think that because they are new they may be chasing perfection in a desire to make a great impression.
By accounts here, what they considered "flawed" was actually undetectable by the end user.
To paraphrase Voltaire - Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
Hopefully

Third Shave

Razor Maxwell June
Blade Gillette Nacet
Brush Omega synthetic
Soap Wickham 1912
AS Captain's Choice Venture

Rating 10/10 3 Passes BBS

This was my last shave in the hotel, tomorrow I will be at home. This shave was very similar to yesterday's shave. The 45 degree shave angle (angle of handle to face) came more naturally to me today, I must be adapting. However this time I took more pains to make sure that my lather wasn't too thick for all passes. The sink water pressure was still anemic. They probably have some kind of flow regulator to conserve water. I didn't have any difficulty rinsing out the lather/stubble trapped between the two blades. Three pass shave again, my usual XTG, XTG the other direction and then ATG. The result was another BBS shave with no irritation and very little aftershave feedback. I think that I will use my Wolfman razor tomorrow and some of my other razors for a bit. I want to stay proficient with my other razors and at some point the other folks that ordered these razors will be reporting their experiences with the Maxwell June. I am anxious to compare notes. When I do shave with this razor again I will try a different blade, maybe a Wizamet or Personna Red or Feather or Kai or who knows? That is one thing I love about this razor is that there are so many blade choices. No other blade format razor has as many choices for blades as DE razors nor are the blades as inexpensive as the DE blades.

I got the email as well stating they hope to have product by Sept 17. We'll see....looking forward to using it.

Thanks for the reviews....sounds like a good performer.
Yes, I am in the Sept 17 promised date as well. When I tried to order on line the form would not take my zipcode. I emailed Rob and told him about the problem. It seemed unique to me for some reason. Anyway I completed the order by phone and had a good conversation with Rob. They really do seem to be obsessed with quality control and doing the right thing. He sort of implied that they were surprised by the number of DE people who were interested. He more or less thought the market would be cartridge shavers. Now I just have to figure out how to sneak it into the house......

Yes, I am in the Sept 17 promised date as well. When I tried to order on line the form would not take my zipcode. I emailed Rob and told him about the problem. It seemed unique to me for some reason. Anyway I completed the order by phone and had a good conversation with Rob. They really do seem to be obsessed with quality control and doing the right thing. He sort of implied that they were surprised by the number of DE people who were interested. He more or less thought the market would be cartridge shavers. Now I just have to figure out how to sneak it into the house......
Lol.....Rob doesn't know this crowd very well then.

Looks like I'll be getting my razor soon. Received an email processing my order. They must have gotten some inventory in on 9/17. Looking forward to giving this one a try.
I hope that you get it soon! I took last week off with the MJ razor. Today I decided to load a fresh Feather blade into it for tomorrow. When I went to remove the old blade both halves of the blade they both stuck to the razor because of dried lather that didn’t rinse out. It wasn’t too difficult to knock them out but I made a mental note to remove the blade(s) next time after a shave when I am done with the blade.

I hope that you get it soon! I took last week off with the MJ razor. Today I decided to load a fresh Feather blade into it for tomorrow. When I went to remove the old blade both halves of the blade they both stuck to the razor because of dried lather that didn’t rinse out. It wasn’t too difficult to knock them out but I made a mental note to remove the blade(s) next time after a shave when I am done with the blade.
Thanks for the tip.

Did my first blade load, a bit crooked, second time perfect. I'm all set for tomorrow. Unfortunately I had such a perfect shave today that 12 hours past shave time I'm still at DFS.

Top Bottom