What's new

Matador Diplomat

Was highest bidder on a Matador Diplomat razor last week and it arrived today. I think it went very cheap because it looked like this in the listing:
matador diplomat.jpg

Anyway, I saw something there and decided to take a chance. For those of you that might not know, this Matador is a vintage Swiss razor company and has no relationship to the current Matador which is an Indian company.

When it arrived, I saw that the pics depicted the razor almost exactly:

matador before.JPG

So I called it my Matador Diplomat Kermit the Frog Edition.

So pulled out my heavy stuff - Dawn Concentrate, nylon bristle brush, 3M green pad, ultrasonic cleaner, pint of white vinegar, Mothers metal polish, and a piece of worn out 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

Started this afternoon and worked in between cooking dinner making sure to not mix the vinegar/Dawn solution with my chicken stock and not using the nylon brush to scrub my carrots.

Just finished cleaning up the Diplomat and my dishes.

BOOYAH!

matador after.JPG
matador after1.JPG
matador after2.JPG

Now I got to figure out a way to sneak in a test shave while doing SEptember!

Cool razor! Sure cleaned nice. Enjoy your new possession - and we'll be waiting for a shave report ;)

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 3 через Tapatalk

Sometimes I really wonder, what kind of witchcraft you guys do here to restore those beat up razors to achieve those shining new condition.

Nice score, congrats

Nice looking razor, cleaned up very well...Looks like it has a good heft to it as well...Are you sure these Matadors are Swiss and not Swedish ???....I see them all the time on the Swedish "ebay" type site called " tradera.com " in Sweden...

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Was highest bidder on a Matador Diplomat razor last week and it arrived today. I think it went very cheap because it looked like this in the listing:
View attachment 820267
Anyway, I saw something there and decided to take a chance. For those of you that might not know, this Matador is a vintage Swiss razor company and has no relationship to the current Matador which is an Indian company.

When it arrived, I saw that the pics depicted the razor almost exactly:

View attachment 820268

So I called it my Matador Diplomat Kermit the Frog Edition.

So pulled out my heavy stuff - Dawn Concentrate, nylon bristle brush, 3M green pad, ultrasonic cleaner, pint of white vinegar, Mothers metal polish, and a piece of worn out 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

Started this afternoon and worked in between cooking dinner making sure to not mix the vinegar/Dawn solution with my chicken stock and not using the nylon brush to scrub my carrots.

Just finished cleaning up the Diplomat and my dishes.

BOOYAH!

View attachment 820273 View attachment 820274 View attachment 820275

Now I got to figure out a way to sneak in a test shave while doing SEptember!
Boom-shaka-laka!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I stand corrected. I posted late and after spending the time to clean the razor, I inadvertently said the Matador was Swiss when I meant to say Swedish.

I found one also, and a lot of dirt and Stuff came off after polish.
But mine has this weird blade or shim.? Not sure what it is for.?

Any idea ? Shim

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
I found one also, and a lot of dirt and Stuff came off after polish.
But mine has this weird blade or shim.? Not sure what it is for.?

Any idea ? Shim
What does it look like installed in the razor?

It’s odd for sure. Could be a shim. Other odd thought was it might be to turn a safety bar razor into something more like an open comb. That’s why I ask what it looks like installed.

It is not very thick and it was very soft, i do not have a mesuring thing right here, it sticks out a little, it looks like it Could protect you from cuts. ?

It’s odd for sure. Could be a shim. Other odd thought was it might be to turn a safety bar razor into something more like an open comb. That’s why I ask what it looks like installed.

Top Bottom