What's new

Mass Appeal Soap

1640288286223.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
#1 Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, excellent soap with light tobacco & vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities, I would recommend this one.

Speick is another good one that is tripled milled and has a nice light spice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Razorock "The dead Sea" has a unique scent with excellent lather qualities!

Another vote for Mitchell's Wool Fat. MWF was the first quality soap I tried when I took up DE shaving, and it is still one of my favorites. A light, clean scent that seems unlikely to put anyone off, and outstanding performance. Plus, it seems to last forever.

I did a similar topic about DE blades and got some very interesting results here, so I thought I might try the same with soaps and see if I got a good response.

I have a question that is related to the tried-and-true "list your favorite soap" but with a slight twist. Instead of listing your personal favorite soap, the one that works best for you, instead list the soap you believe is most likely to appeal to the broadest section of wet shavers. In other words, if you had to recommend a single soap to 100 people with the goal of maximizing the number who found that soap to be good (not necessarily great), what soap would you recommend?
In order of likely preference to broadest range of shavers:
1) Van Der Hagen Luxury
2) Williams Mug
3) Proraso

I would vote for Fine Classic soaps. They are really easy to lather and performance is great. You could also pick the scent you like, so it is not polarazing like Tabac or Arko. Sadly they are discontinued, so I also would add Cella Bio. The scent is really mild and inoffensive. It produces rich and slick lather and is inexpensive, which may be important for a "crowd-pleaser".

The low end/entry level is so replete with worthy and excellent products that you can go broke trying them all without ever getting to artisan products.

Cella
inexpensive, smells nice, easy to lather, performs great, relatively easy to get.

Other soaps mentioned here fail on 1 or more points mentioned above

Top Bottom