What's new

Making a Display Box

Please dont put up anymore tutorials, i have a bad enough rad now without the need to run off and buy some wood:biggrin1:

Here is the sanding disc I use the most for box stuff. It's a 10-inch wheel. I think you can pick one up at Harbor Freight for around $80 - $100. It saves a ton of time when it comes to making everything square and right with the world...

View attachment 106682

You can also use a couple shortcuts. Here is that bracelet box thing I was telling you about. You can find them on line all over the place. Some are better than others. I like this one a lot... can't remember where I got them, though. I know... I know, how convenient.

View attachment 106683

View attachment 106685

You can get creative and also use different colors for the flocking flocking :)lol:)

View attachment 106684

Ok, on this one, there is a story behind it. See if you can get Joel's attention and get him to tell you about this SPECIFIC box. This is the photo after the repair. :laugh:

View attachment 106686

Nice workshop, Bill.

My wife wishes that I kept our garage that neat, mine looks more like one of those before commercials for the storage places. :lol:
Oh well, something to aspire to.

Thanks for the tutorial, too

Very interesting post and a nice place for someone to start. I have been working on some Razor boxes that incorporate lids that both slide and lift. I currently have one on the bench that holds both my travel strop and a razor.

I am using a Steel City hybrid cabinet saw with the Incra TS-LS Joinery system. This has been useful in helping me be able to produce some interesting joints like dovetails, double dovetails, box or finger joints with different variations and even pinned rabbet. I even made a couple sets of wooden hinges today.

If you want to really try something different, give it a shot. This is a lot of fun and bill's tutorial is a great start.

Have fun and enjoy!

Ray

Very interesting post and a nice place for someone to start. I have been working on some Razor boxes that incorporate lids that both slide and lift. I currently have one on the bench that holds both my travel strop and a razor.

I am using a Steel City hybrid cabinet saw with the Incra TS-LS Joinery system. This has been useful in helping me be able to produce some interesting joints like dovetails, double dovetails, box or finger joints with different variations and even pinned rabbet. I even made a couple sets of wooden hinges today.

If you want to really try something different, give it a shot. This is a lot of fun and bill's tutorial is a great start.

Have fun and enjoy!

Ray
Pictures... pictures... pictures. I really like looking at other people's work and learning new things.

Top Bottom