What's new

Mail call from Above The Tie

Got my first slant! An ATT S1. Can't wait to give it a test run!

proxy.php

Gorgeous! I especially like the look of that razor stand.:thumbup1:

Although slants are not everyday drivers for me, I'm a big fan of the ATT H2. It is by far my favorite slant.
Enjoy!

Congrats to you on a world-class razor. An ATT has been my daily user for two years now (next month). It's completely blown all other razors out of the running. I enjoy my ATT each and every time I pick it up. Nothing else compares. :thumbup:

Interested to hear your thoughts about this. I opted for an Ikon DLC slant a while back and it's been great but I'm still curious.

Is it white balance and that's not bronze?

Toward speedwell, I've been using both, it's truly hard to compare. I'll grab a bag o popcorn and follow with you along. I can say both feel very nice in hand, but I do have to think around them differently on the way to dfs/bb result. Right now I'm still more careful with each of my ATT's.

I'm looking forward to nelamvr6's reviews and long-term assessment. Congratulations on a lovely holiday find!

Congrats. I'm looking to replace my 37C (plating issue) and have been looking at the S-1. Let us know how the maiden voyage goes.

Congrats. I'm looking to replace my 37C (plating issue) and have been looking at the S-1. Let us know how the maiden voyage goes.

The maiden voyage was amazing! This thing is so mild, I actually added an ATG 3rd pass! I can't believe how smooth this is!

The razor is an ATT, so the craftsmanship is as usual with ATT, simply flawless. Loading a blade was a little fidgety, just like loading any ATT, but the alignment was perfect once loaded.

For the first shave I used Nuavia Green, a Semogue SOC Badger, and a Voskhod with 1 shave on it already. I have been using an ATT R1 as my daily driver for quite a while, so I was really surprised at the mildness. This feels more like an M1 than an R1. But it was quite efficient nevertheless.

This was my first shave ever with a slant, I frankly didn't know what to expect.I highly recommend the S1, this will probably be my daily driver from now on.

Last edited:
Is it white balance and that's not bronze?

Toward speedwell, I've been using both, it's truly hard to compare. I'll grab a bag o popcorn and follow with you along. I can say both feel very nice in hand, but I do have to think around them differently on the way to dfs/bb result. Right now I'm still more careful with each of my ATT's.

I'm looking forward to nelamvr6's reviews and long-term assessment. Congratulations on a lovely holiday find!

Yes, that's not a bronze razor, the white balance on my phone's camera must be playing tricks on us. I never claimed to be a good photographer... :laugh:

The maiden voyage was amazing! This thing is so mild, I actually added an ATG 3rd pass! I can't believe how smooth this is!

The razor is an ATT, so the craftsmanship is as usual with ATT, simply flawless. Loading a blade was a little fidgety, just like loading any ATT, but the alignment was perfect once loaded.

For the first shave I used Nuavia Green, a Semogue SOC Badger, and a Voskhod with 1 shave on it already. I have been using an ATT R1 as my daily driver for quite a while, so I was really surprised at the mildness. This feels more like an M1 than an R1. But it was quite efficient nevertheless.

This was my first shave ever with a slant, I frankly didn't know what to expect.I highly recommend the S1, this will probably be my daily driver from now on.

Thanks for the review. I concur with your assessment of the S-1. I purchased the package deal from ATT, the S-1 & S-2 heads sans handle. I anticipated that I would prefer the open comb, but to my surprise the bar guard S-1 is my favorite of the two.

Not that the OC is not good as well, I just slightly prefer the S-1. Impeccable craftsmanship, and the design is spot on. At first glance, after loading a Gillette 7O'Clock yellow I expected a weak shave. Not enough blade exposure. But on the contrary, the razor delivers the goods.

Who made the stand, is that also from ATT ?

Thanks for the review. I concur with your assessment of the S-1. I purchased the package deal from ATT, the S-1 & S-2 heads sans handle. I anticipated that I would prefer the open comb, but to my surprise the bar guard S-1 is my favorite of the two.

Not that the OC is not good as well, I just slightly prefer the S-1. Impeccable craftsmanship, and the design is spot on. At first glance, after loading a Gillette 7O'Clock yellow I expected a weak shave. Not enough blade exposure. But on the contrary, the razor delivers the goods.

Who made the stand, is that also from ATT ?

Yes, that's an ATT inkwell stand. Last I checked it's $63.

I also have a stand from Timeless, it's also beautiful, but it doesn't have a drain hole. With all of Timeless' incredible craftsmanship, it's really weird that they made such a ridiculous omission!

Thanks for that, I didn't think Stan was cutting slants in bronze, but cameras and their predispositions can fool the eye. The steel feels great and doesn't seem as temperamental as smooth polished bronze in regards to cap glide & release. I need to build lather to high levels of cushion to gain best experiences because of this.

I love the ink well stand. Stable and a drain, & helps keep the razor handle warmer on a very cold morning if it's preheated with the brush; wonderful!

Top Bottom