What's new

Mach 3 - spring loaded blades?

I have read that the original Mach 3 and Turbo cartridges do not have spring-loaded blades. Is that true? If so, that could explain why I thought the Sensor produced less irritation, why I'm finding the Atra is just as comfortable to use

From my understanding the trac II and the atra are not spring loaded.

The sensor was the first spring loaded blade cart but so is everyone after it, sensor excel added rubber strips mach 3 added 1 more blade and the fusion another two blades.

Its also my understanding that gillette still has patent protection on spring loaded blades.

That is why aftermarket sensor blades aren't spring loaded though the patent did expired for the method of attaching carts to the handle.

From my understanding the trac II and the atra are not spring loaded.

The sensor was the first spring loaded blade cart but so is everyone after it, sensor excel added rubber strips mach 3 added 1 more blade and the fusion another two blades.

Its also my understanding that gillette still has patent protection on spring loaded blades.

That is why aftermarket sensor blades aren't spring loaded though the patent did expired for the method of attaching carts to the handle.

Very interesting. Hasn't it been 25 years since the Sensor? How can Gillette still hold the patent to spring loaded blades?

I think the spring loaded blades cost more to make, so the third parties go for fixed mounted blades.

I can't find a clear answer on the web if regular Mach 3 blades are spring loaded. They certainly feel harsher than using a Sensor.

Yes the Mach 3 are definitely spring loaded, no idea on why there harsher for you.

I might be wrong about the patent but I can't understand why Schick hasn't gone that route then.
China counterfeits Gillette blades and adds spring loading, so why can't Energizer with its ASR and Schick blades.

Top Bottom