What's new

Lunar Eclipse tonight

Ad Astra

The Instigator
As Jack Horkheimer used to say, "Keep looking up!"

Title says it all. Here are the times:

eclipse.png

Here's a good tune for totality. Pink Floyd is for solar eclipses; everybody knows that.

AA

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
4am is the best time for where I am. I hope it clears up, if I'm still awake anyway haha.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Did get up at 2:55am. Sky was inky black, Orion's stars glittered like diamonds... And the moon looked like a pearl: absolutely 3-D spherical effect, lustrous gray with a "snowcap" on one side. Worth it.

AA

I got up at 1:30 MST and took a look. The moon was in eclipse, but partly blocked by the lenticular cloud that it was about to go behind. These lenticulars are caused by standing waves in the atmosphere and are very stable so there was no hope of improving conditions. I suppose that I could have jumped in my truck and driven east, but I went back to sleep.

Nice! You got the "diamond ring" effect!

AA
Thanks. It was a lot of fun but I wish I had got something in the foreground to make it a little more interesting. Shooting from back yard has limitations and wasn’t sure about the clouds so didn’t want to drive out into countryside.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks. It was a lot of fun but I wish I had got something in the foreground to make it a little more interesting. Shooting from back yard has limitations and wasn’t sure about the clouds so didn’t want to drive out into countryside.

No, you nailed it. Perfect exposure.

🤔 Ugh, I couldn't get back to sleep, so. Long day.

AA

Top Bottom