What are your nicknames/aliases?
Spiff, Rico
Where do you live?
NEPA, USA or an airport or hotel lounge
What is your age (or) generation?
What are you in the real world?
IT Consultant
What is your favorite shave setup?
I spent 30 years using a can of something foamy or gel and a cartridge. Then a year of wet-lathering but still using the M3. Last year has been all-in and I want my first 30 years of shaving back. The beginning was tough because cartridges allow you to get really sloppy on your technique. First few weeks, I felt like a fumbling teenager again, staring at the face of the rising sun.... <lol>

2 setups since I spend 1/2 the year travelling for work:
On the road I keep it simple, tried and true - it's not the place to experiment: face lathering creams and a Feather Popular or a SuperSpeed keep it quick and simple. Tried a plastic bowl but didn't like it. Sometimes I can snag a suitable bowl from a hotel lounge. Creams are usually some flavor of TOBS or Proraso and the brush is a Vulfix in super or a Vie-Long in horse-50/50 (I forget the model numbers - Vulfix you can kind of figure out the system, VLs are just incomprehensible). Tend to keep it rather scentless as well in the AS department; oftentimes, I'll shave at night if I want to scent it up. A block of alum rounds out the kit.

At home, I'm kind of an *AD-ist. Variety is the spice of life so for the last 6 months or so I've been on a bit of a kick, trying out new things now that I have a system down and have a basis for comparison. Probably a couple dozen soaps and creams and I just placed a sample order with Gary to try out some more. Sadly, I now can't complain to my wife about how many different bottles of shampoo, conditioner and face washes she has. :-( A couple Techs, 3 flair tips, a Lady Gillette, EJ89. And a Fat Boy on order. Looking for short-combed NEW. Since the wife loves trying out new things, I have a huge collection of hand-me-down face care products. Tip: lady's toners make decent splashes if they're unscented. If they are scented, there's nothing like a big splash of the Clubman to cover it up! :)
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Shooting, photography, real beers, coffee and spirits, chainsaws, working on the cars, rally, travel hacking, raising chickens, trying to stay fit
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
time is more valuable than money.

:lol: LouSee, you got some 'splainin' to do!:lol:

Welcome to B&B and the Hall of Fame! With all of your other interests, you should also check out the "Everythig Esle" section of B&B. Just don't get lost in there!:lol: Enjoy your time here, and happy shaving!!:thumbup1:

:lol: LouSee, you got some 'splainin' to do!:lol:

Welcome to B&B and the Hall of Fame! With all of your other interests, you should also check out the "Everythig Esle" section of B&B. Just don't get lost in there!:lol: Enjoy your time here, and happy shaving!!:thumbup1:

In maybe 10 years of using that handle, you're the first to get it. You win a free drink at some unspecified future time to be determined... :thumbup1:

Thanks for the pointer...

Welcome. Enjoy your shaves! Raising chickens? This spring I'm building a coop for about 4 hens. Should be fun!

If you like eggs, you'll enjoy it. Raising chickens can be hilarious at times. Pretty straightforward if you have a system. Best place to start is www.plamondon.com and buy his intro books - they'll save you lots of grief. A couple good boards for on-going support are: www.the-coop.org and www.backyardchickens.com.

Top Bottom