What's new

cajunrph's Entry to the Hall of Fame

What is your real name?
John Hall

What are your nicknames/aliases?
Cajunrph, Dump (My dad's name for me), various names the ex used for me that are not suitable for a public forum.

Where do you live?
Lake Jackson Texas, South of Houston

What is your age (or) generation?
Born in 1967 56 years old, Gen X I think.

What are you in the real world?
A legal drug dealer, aka Pharmacist.

What is your favorite shave setup?
I am in the process of figuring it out. So far my Rex Envoy, some PAA soap, and my Razor Emporium Best Badger amber and black brush. That may change as RAD, BAD, and SSAD kick in.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Motorcycle Riding, BBQing, Home Pizza baking, Home Bread baking, Golf, fishing, Outdoors, and cooking food from other countries.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I'm from Louisiana and my favorite team is LSU Tigers, all sports. I attended for two years then off to pharmacy school.

2nd the welcome, but we have already met! :001_tt2:

Would like to know how much Cajun you speak, interests me. Do you understand any spoken French?
Not much. I took French in elementary school. We mostly learned basic. And talked about Monique. I wonder what Monique is up to.

My mom is 14 karat coona$$. I’m just a 7 karat as my dad is from Mississippi. My maternal grandmother spoke French all the time. She knew English also. I know how to introduce myself and ask how you’re doing. I have a big book on Cajun French. I need to sit down with it and learn it. But Cajun French is dying out. Not many know it. Better swerved to learn classical French.

I remember asking my maw maw how to say certain words in French. I asked her one time how to say Hamburger in French. She responded. “Mais Ham’burg!!!” Like I was dumb. Mais is pronounced May. Haha.

To a child still trying to grasp the English language she confused the heck out of me. She would say “in” when it was proper to say “on”. One Thanksgiving she told me to put a bowl of something in the table. I thought in the table. How the heck and I going to go that? Slide open the table like we were adding another leaf to it. Haha. Good times. Good times. My first wife thought I knew French because I could understand her. In reality it was more of a familiarity with what she would ask about and knowing some key words. I’m going to dig out that book and brush up on my French. One burnt into my memory is

“Merci beaucoup, s'il te plait”

or the redneck version

Mercy bowl cup silver plate

Haha.

Top Bottom