What's new

Lost bigelow-parkin

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I just want to express the slight frustration.

I don't live in the United States.(in Taiwan)
I spent a lot of time and finally found a "bigelow parkin razor" in mint status on eBay and asked the agent to help purchase it.
After waiting longer than usual, they informed me that USPS might have lost my B-P.
I really like the unique design of B-P and look forward to using it to shave, but I don't have much hope for the possibility of USPS retrieving it. (Travalong is my other goal, but I haven't found anything for now.)

Do you own a bigelow parkin or travalong razor ?
Please post beautiful pictures that make me envy and enjoy eye candy. Thank you guys so much.

Last edited:
Had to Google it. Very interesting. I believe someone posted one here a little while ago that was marked Gillette. I’ll see if I can find the thread

ERS4

Had to Google it. Very interesting. I believe someone posted one here a little while ago that was marked Gillette. I’ll see if I can find the thread
Yes, I have read the most recent post.

As the patent owner "Mr. Grobench" and "bigelow parkin" may have a cooperative relationship, this razor has two trademark versions, "Diamond/G" and "Diamond/B-P". So it will be misunderstood as Gillette.

B-P razor is also used as an advertising gift at the same time, so you can also find versions with different corporate logos or words.

It's really cute and unique design.
Although it is not a daily razor, it is very suitable for those who want to take risks occasionally.

ERS4

Yes, I have read the most recent post.

As the patent owner "Mr. Grobench" and "bigelow parkin" may have a cooperative relationship, this razor has two trademark versions, "Diamond/G" and "Diamond/B-P". So it will be misunderstood as Gillette.

B-P razor is also used as an advertising gift at the same time, so you can also find versions with different corporate logos or words.

It's really cute and unique design.
Although it is not a daily razor, it is very suitable for those who want to take risks occasionally.
Allow me to correct the wrong input, should be "Gronbech".

ERS4

Thanks to life, I finally repurchased "bigelow parkin" smoothly.
This particular and creative razor design drove me into a search frenzy.

The razor I ended up finding was in fairly good condition, with little loss of plating and minimal scratching. The leather case even only needs to be oiled to regain a hundred years of luster.
IMG_20220212_215748.jpg

IMG_20220212_215831.jpg

img_20220212_220003-jpg.1409237

IMG_20220212_220038.jpg

I tried shaving my head with it when I first used it.
Had to change some muscle memory at the beginning, had to change the stroke direction in some areas; but once you get used to the "arm as a handle" and "hold the wrist still" everything is fine, the shave is gentle and close. It makes the shaving postrue more like stroking.
I've also found that using the middle finger with the thumb is easier to maneuver than the index finger and thumb.
What's more interesting is that the angle of the razor at the fingertips can be changed to suit different face or chin positions; I think the reason why its "star-shaped finger holes" have so many "sharp angles" is also considering the change in angle With effective anti-slip.
IMG_20220213_114410.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_220003.jpg
    IMG_20220212_220003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140

ERS4

Thanks so much for sharing the pics how you hold it, I always wondered but now I know. Fascinating!
You are welcome.
It is believed that all experienced shavers can adapt to B-P faster with skin feeling and blade feedback.

It also has an advantage over other antique razors - there are no threads to lose because it has no threads at all. :)

Glad you finally got the opportunity to shave with the B-P razor. It is a different type of razor. I have used one a couple of times. God addition to the collection and in good shape.

ERS4

Glad you finally got the opportunity to shave with the B-P razor. It is a different type of razor. I have used one a couple of times. God addition to the collection and in good shape.
I'm happy to own some high-end razors that make me feel spoiled for shaving, such as the recently purchased muramasa.

But getting the bigelow parkin made me feel like a child who just received a birthday present, full of playful joy and novelty, and I'm looking forward to getting along better with this razor.

I'm honored to have used it as much as you.

Top Bottom