What's new

Losing interest

I seem to be losing interest in the forums! And also in aquiring new stuff, including cream or soaps.
I've got ATT, 3 different heads plus Mùhle rocca which give a nice range of shaves. I last bought Chubby 2 synthetic to complement a nice badger and synthetic travel brush.
I've bought many different soaps over the years, latest Cella and although a low price for a brick, the performance seems faultless. It seems what has made shaving perfect, has been mainly the chubby 2 plus the superb Cella which will last ages.
Maybe I need a new interest!

My narrowboat, angling and aeromodelling keep me going.

Plenty of acquisition disorders to keep me busy there! Seriously, I have found that I slip into each as conditions and circumstances dictate. It's winter now... so hence shaving...with pike, grayling and chub fishing. I find that when the season turns aeromodelling, say, will take more of a part in my life and with new found enthusiasm!

I'm sure your interest will return. Particularly if all that Cella goes off!!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Since I have had more time on my hands I have realised that for me it is important not to devote too much time to any one hobby or pastime but instead to cultivate an interest in a wide range of healthy activities. It is good for me to have interests for all seasons and both indoors and out. There are various CBT/REBT tools and exercises one can perform which relate to 'lifestyle balance' or 'a balanced life' which can indicate which areas of life would benefit from some attention. At any rate there is no harm in taking a break from any hobby and returning to it reinvigorated. Good luck 👍

You can always try something new like vintage GEM/Ever Ready or Schick injectors. They are quite inexpensive and easy to find. I'm also pretty much done with buying bulks of new DE blades, razors and brushes, since i've found what works for me and I have no desire to spend more money hoping to find something ''better''.

You can always try something new like vintage GEM/Ever Ready or Schick injectors. They are quite inexpensive and easy to find. I'm also pretty much done with buying bulks of new DE blades, razors and brushes, since i've found what works for me and I have no desire to spend more money hoping to find something ''better''.
I think this is like me, love shaving, but doubt I'll find something better. Will of course try various soaps when I need more.

Since finding my desired setup, I’ve lost interest in acquiring new stuff, and as a result, most of the posts on the forum don’t interest me. I do suffer a little from SAD, so that could be the cause of my loss of interest.

Just like any other tool, keep it in your back pocket or toolbox and bring it out when you need that particular thing.
If your reason for being here is social; hey, even best friends get distracted, go off on tangents, and find they've been away for some time. Makes the return and catch-up all the sweeter.
- Or - all this just wasn't "you" in the first and last place. Cheers

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Although I have been on Badger & Blade but a short while, it has certainly educated and informed me. I came to it via activity on another forum in another interest that had run its course. I have been wet shaving (including years with a straight) since the mid-1960s and always enjoyed it, but the forums helped me to enjoy it more. I have no real interest in collecting anything. (I am pretty sure I have found my end game razor and soap.) So I read it to enjoy people, even though they'll probably always remain virtual. Of course when I share something it is for the usual reasons (looking for validation or answers, thinking I had some nugget to share, or just showing support), but if, like me, this is not really a hobby, it gets old quickly posting the same stuff over and over. I enjoy the other interest forums like the Mess Hall and the drinking forum, and frankly the discourse there, even though not as diverse, is much more civil than on the cooking forum of which I am a member. Basically this is a fun bunch of slightly quirky people that I find very pleasant.

I flip flop between hobbies all the time. I tend to go overboard on only one at a time though. And right now it is wet shaving.

I also love fine wine, cigars, guitars, knives, fashion, running, golf, snowboarding, etc. Sometimes a hobby goes full circle, sometimes it doesn’t.

I am approaching a lifetime supply of shaving soaps, blades, brushes and razors. I will always wetshave but might not be as obsessive about trying new things down the road.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The ebb and flow of life....on life’s terms. Acceptance, self awareness and a healthy curiosity in seeking out a new vitally absorbing creative interest. We sure discuss much more than shaving here. Hope you find what you are seeking.
The VACI was a very useful tool for me at SMART Recovery and one of the reasons I got into traditional shaving once my hands stopped shaking. Almost five years sober now and never felt better 👍

I am in the same boat. Shaving is NOT a hobby for me, never was, never will be. I've been shaving with straight since my retirement from service (20+) years ago. My trusted straight broke, and I needed a new one. Came here to learn, look at the pics of different straights, and found out I can't zero on just one. I figured I will need about 12 to satisfy my curiosity about different blades. I found some of them to be functioning works of art, and I just "had to have them". My hobbies are horses, firearms, motorcycles, and airplanes. All this keeps me busy in the summer, but winters are long here. Polishing razors, shopping for them.....it's a good indoor past time. I just can't get excited about different soaps, brushes, and fragrances. I've been shaving since 1969, and I found out a long time ago what works for me, and what I like. Once I acquire all the "interesting" blades (what interests ME!....I don't follow "trends", and other people's opinions), I will stop looking at razors, shopping for them, and most likely stop participating on this forum. I'm a loner, and I don't "play well with others". Generally speaking,....I don't like humans much at all (with few exceptions). After all the wars I was in, I lost the faith in humanity, and respect for fellow human beings.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I am in the same boat. Shaving is NOT a hobby for me, never was, never will be. I've been shaving with straight since my retirement from service (20+) years ago. My trusted straight broke, and I needed a new one. Came here to learn, look at the pics of different straights, and found out I can't zero on just one. I figured I will need about 12 to satisfy my curiosity about different blades. I found some of them to be functioning works of art, and I just "had to have them". My hobbies are horses, firearms, motorcycles, and airplanes. All this keeps me busy in the summer, but winters are long here. Polishing razors, shopping for them.....it's a good indoor past time. I just can't get excited about different soaps, brushes, and fragrances. I've been shaving since 1969, and I found out a long time ago what works for me, and what I like. Once I acquire all the "interesting" blades (what interests ME!....I don't follow "trends", and other people's opinions), I will stop looking at razors, shopping for them, and most likely stop participating on this forum. I'm a loner, and I don't "play well with others". Generally speaking,....I don't like humans much at all (with few exceptions). After all the wars I was in, I lost the faith in humanity, and respect for fellow human beings.
I THOUGHT I had found out a long time ago what worked for me and what I liked. B&B led me to conclude otherwise!

Top Bottom