What's new

Losing interest

I seem to be losing interest in the forums! And also in aquiring new stuff, including cream or soaps.
I've got ATT, 3 different heads plus Mùhle rocca which give a nice range of shaves. I last bought Chubby 2 synthetic to complement a nice badger and synthetic travel brush.
I've bought many different soaps over the years, latest Cella and although a low price for a brick, the performance seems faultless. It seems what has made shaving perfect, has been mainly the chubby 2 plus the superb Cella which will last ages.
Maybe I need a new interest!
I’ve got an unopened brick of Cella in my freezer. Can’t wait to start using it.
I feel similar to you, I like to start threads about things but feel bored at the same time. Except for one last puck of soap I’m going to order, I plan on no buying anything else for a long time.

So many things, so little time.

How shaving became a hobby, I really don't know. If you are not a beard man, it is a necessity. I was an electric only man for many, many years. Finally found B&B and converted 100%.

Went through the stages of Wow, Need That, Try Something Else, So Many Choices, Etc. After November (11/11 & Black Friday), I think I have satisfied most of the choices I'm interested in.
Shaving will continue to be a self-satisfying interlude in the day, but the honeymoon seems to be over.

B&B forums still are welcome and interesting. Other things come and go. Shaving is forever. Maybe I'll find another "must have", but I doubt it. There is a certain joy in the camaraderie in the Forums that will keep me interested and entertained regardless of the intensity of the journey.

I’m on the other end ...I wait for the next days shave and can’t wait to do it :\ it gives me joy and makes me happy....I think all day about what blade what soap what pre shave post shave brush everything 😂🤦‍♂️

I think most of us here have felt like that, thinking about the next shave all day. With me after 8 years of traditional wet shaving, I think the honeymoon is over.
I still look forward to my shaves but not many topics on the forum perk up my interest. It is a most enjoyable hobby.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Hey @Roy, I'm right there with you brother. I've been doing this long enough to know what I like and like what I know, so I'm not so enthused by the latest and greatest artisanal vegan soap with an albino Appolonian mountain goat milk base or stainless steel open-comb adjustable slant razor with five heads and interchangeable handles. But you know what, this is a still a great online community. Let me pile on others' suggestions to explore the "Everything Else" forums, and I think you'll find great content on your other hobbies and interests. I've probably posted more in the Nib and Haberdashery over the past couple years than anywhere else on B&B. But its fun to occasionally jump back in the shaving forums to expound the merits of good ole' fashioned Cella and my beloved Red Tip.

I’ve got an unopened brick of Cella in my freezer. Can’t wait to start using it.
I feel similar to you, I like to start threads about things but feel bored at the same time. Except for one last puck of soap I’m going to order, I plan on no buying anything else for a long time.
/grins The unopened brick of Cella is worth a good month of posts, possibly spread over more than an entire year!
Well done! Oh, please do a "Santa Claus" at least once. I mean, they did use it as an advertising hook, right? Post it here!

Love the brick of cella I’m digging into a 100 gram slice at the moment great stuff and the smell is mmm mmm

I still love the forums, just that for now I've no desire to buy anything. Ì loved the gear I've got, including Cella! However, if Cella had a rose version out tomorrow............

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For me, shaving is not a hobby. It's just something I do.

Badger and Blade is the hobby, and there's always a fun thread happening somewhere, be it shaving related, or tobacco, pen, cooking, wardrobe, or something else related. While temptation can be a part of those threads and conversations, I don't particularly enjoy shopping and accumulating stuff I don't need.

It is perfectly possible to have a Badger and Blade hobby, without a shopping hobby. How difficult that is, varies from person to person :biggrin1:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For me, shaving is not a hobby. It's just something I do.

Badger and Blade is the hobby, and there's always a fun thread happening somewhere, be it shaving related, or tobacco, pen, cooking, wardrobe, or something else related. While temptation can be a part of those threads and conversations, I don't particularly enjoy shopping and accumulating stuff I don't need.

It is perfectly possible to have a Badger and Blade hobby, without a shopping hobby. How difficult that is, varies from person to person :biggrin1:
VERY well put. This place is a nice oasis, even if you don't shave. Reminds me of a huge picnic where you can mingle from group to group, just listen at the fringes or jump in and be welcomed.

Unless you like made for TV Star Wars Life Day movies.

Then you just plain ain't welcome.

I seem to be losing interest in the forums! And also in aquiring new stuff, including cream or soaps.
I've got ATT, 3 different heads plus Mùhle rocca which give a nice range of shaves. I last bought Chubby 2 synthetic to complement a nice badger and synthetic travel brush.
I've bought many different soaps over the years, latest Cella and although a low price for a brick, the performance seems faultless. It seems what has made shaving perfect, has been mainly the chubby 2 plus the superb Cella which will last ages.
Maybe I need a new interest!
You should consider yourself a very lucky man! 😁

Just think about the small fortune you will have made, by finding your ideal combo so early in this journey.

Top Bottom