What's new

Looking to get some new soap and need some suggestions

Hi everyone
I am looking to try some new soaps. I do have some issues with scents. I get eczema and some scents will make me break out. Eczema is an allergic reaction that produces an itchy painful rash for anyone that does not know what it is.
Scent I cannot use are sandalwood, bay rum, woody (like pine or cedar), tabac, synergy Cad, Lavender and rose.
Scents I use Mikes Orange, barbershop, Razorock XXX, almond, coconut, and lemon
There are 3 soaps I want to try. I know some of them have unscented versions of their soaps but I prefer my soap to smell good so I decided to ask for suggestions. Some of the soap brands I would like to try are:

Tiki
Barrister & Mann
Catie's Bubbles

Thank you for reading my post
LoKi

Try Stirling soaps. They have unscented and some others like Sharp Dressed Man, Barbershop, Almond, that seem pretty light to me.

Catie's Bubbles - Gardenia is *sublime*! I know the scent is based off the gardenia flower, but that's not a flower I'm familiar with, so it smells most like fresh marigolds to me.

The longest list of soap scents I have encountered is at GingersGarden.com There are a few hundred options, including most of those you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try some Panama 1924 from Boellis. A small section of the refill bar will mould into any bowl you have easily. The scent is almond/cherry, and the performance is easily among the best there is.

So far, not many soaps or creams have irritated me except for TOBS sandalwood and Caties Bubbles Quatre Cent Vingt.

I have three Caties Bubbles scents, I would describe them as follows:

Quatre Cent Vingt: Very unique scent, hard to describe, I can smell the cannabis flower in it. Irritates me a little more than I'd like, and that was just on a test lather. I'll probably soldier on with it since I just got it and see if it improves.

Rosee du Matin: To me smells like Mountain Dew soda. A little more sweet than I'd like but I still like the scent, it's a keeper for me. A very slight amount of irritation on the second pass, but improving and not enough to get me to stop using it.

La Terre Verte: Very nice green, ferny fragrance and a favorite around here. No irritation for me whatsoever.

So far, not many soaps or creams have irritated me except for TOBS sandalwood and Caties Bubbles Quatre Cent Vingt.

I have three Caties Bubbles scents, I would describe them as follows:

Quatre Cent Vingt: Very unique scent, hard to describe, I can smell the cannabis flower in it. Irritates me a little more than I'd like, and that was just on a test lather. I'll probably soldier on with it since I just got it and see if it improves.

Rosee du Matin: To me smells like Mountain Dew soda. A little more sweet than I'd like but I still like the scent, it's a keeper for me. A very slight amount of irritation on the second pass, but improving and not enough to get me to stop using it.

La Terre Verte: Very nice green, ferny fragrance and a favorite around here. No irritation for me whatsoever.

thank you for your input. i might get La Terre Verte but from reading it might have a bit of sandalwood in it. in the past sandalwood is one of the worst scents for my eczema

Did you try TFS Barba Gialla? It is a citrus scent, and the soap gives me zero irritation (which is not a guarantee for anyone else, of course).

Things that work badly for me are high almond oil contents, eucalyptus oil, and (for some reason) the TOBS and Nivea creams.

Last edited:
Did you try TFS Barba Gialla? It is a citrus scent, and the soap gives me zero irritation (which is not a guarantee for anyone else, of course).

Things that work badly for me are high almond oil contents, eucalyptus oil, and (for some reason) the TOBS and Nivea creams.

For me it not really irritation it a allergic reaction. Soaps with strong floral and some spices scents like CaD, sandlwood, and bay rum cause my skin to react. It raising the skin making it impossible to shave without lots of blood. I have to be careful of what scents i put on. I do have unscented soaps but many times i do not care for the smell. I am looking to find some new soaps that will not cause issues.
I been wanting to try to Catie's Bubbles and tiki soaps but i was not really sure of the scents. The names are a bit odd and was unsure of the scents.
I have a bunch of soaps and basically given the other soap i cant use away to friends and family

Well, you still could give TFS Barba Gialla a try. Affordable, and it works really well for me.

Specifically the Barba Gialla (yellow). The red contains almond oil, the blue has sandalwood, and the green has eucalyptus. The yellow has citrus oil, which is no issue with my skin.

First Canadian Soap Co. has an unscented soap.

i have been trying out some of their soap in a pif.

They lather easily and produce a slick smooth lather. I am not sure of all of their scents.

Top Bottom