What's new

Looking to Get a Great Everyday Use Razor....Any Testimonials?

Thanks to everyone for the input. I will definitely look into all the razors mentioned above. This is the reason why I come to this board. The knowledge from experience is priceless.

I'm going to throw a curve ball in here. Merkur 37c.. really smooth, efficient and very low irritation. I use one everyday and always get smooth shaves. JM

A nice (early) 40's style Super Speed would fit the bill. Or a nice Rocket such as a HD500 would be a super addition...

You know, if you're not insisting on a vintage razor, I'd say a Merkur 34c might be something to consider. It's rather inexpensive, a little milder than the ones in your list, but it should do a good job for you. A Parker Variant is a bit more expensive, but still not punishing, and adjusts to a considerably more aggressive setting. It also does a bang-up job.

I would recommend pre-war tech. Great razor. Very efficient, very smooth. Most of the time it feels like it isn't doing anything until you're done and feel a bbs shave.

My suggestion would be either a New SC (I find it more efficient than the LC), Schone OC (Very smooth with a good blade, I've used mine days in a row), or a QShave/Mingshi (Super smooth, and can crank wide open if you want).

Top Bottom