What's new

Looking for tobacco advice.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
So I visited uptowns in Nashville. Great shop. Pipes were out of my budget. I did pick up a tin of orlik golden sliced and an ounce of bullseye flake. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to designate a cabinet for tobacco.

Yes, you are on your way! :w00t:

I'm pretty sure we already mentioned the Morgan Bones pipes in this thread (excuse me for not looking back through). If not, check 'em out for a $40 briar that is excellently made. What makes one a "Bones" is that it has no bells or whistles, not even a finish. However, they are expertly made and drilled and come in a number of shapes. Great pipes.

Yes, you are on your way! :w00t:

I'm pretty sure we already mentioned the Morgan Bones pipes in this thread (excuse me for not looking back through). If not, check 'em out for a $40 briar that is excellently made. What makes one a "Bones" is that it has no bells or whistles, not even a finish. However, they are expertly made and drilled and come in a number of shapes. Great pipes.

They have been mentioned. I looked into them and will very likely be buying one. I just wanted to look around since I was in the shop today. I knew pipes do get very expensive, I just wasn't sure where the entry level was. I was thinking ~$50 to start with. So the bones line is definitely my best bet.

Ropp pipes have a decent following on other boards. Unfinished Savenellis are another. Rossi I think are just unfinished Savenellis that get finished...

Top Bottom