What's new

looking for something menthol

I have tried proraso shaving products and for some reason i still get irritation. which is pretty sad because i was really looking forward to it working and have been trying for a year every week or so. Furthermore, i have the green,red,and white version with all holding the same result irritation :bored:. I have bay rum from synergy and that brand is really nice no razor burn or anything of that nature. The thing is I would like to spread my wings a little farther from synergy to something else any suggestions? btw i live in south texas so it will be hot next month i guess for some people over 90 would be hot but that is still pants weather lol. anyway much help would be appreciated thank you and have a nice day. Oh forgot to mention one thing i use a red tip with red pack personna's at the moment love that combo.

Fellow Texan here... Howdy!

Try Stirling Soap's Glacial series. They have a few scents to choose from. I have Lemon Chill and Wintergreen. INTENSE menthol. Like almost TOO much. It's awesome on these hot Texas days. They have matching aftershaves too that are similarly mentholated. Splash some on throughout the day for instant air conditioning even if you are outside in 100+.

Did I mention Stirling is also based in TX? Give em a try!

Hello Neighbor!!

One of my favorite soaps is Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic. I use it year round, but it is a great "South Texas Summer Soap". The menthol is just right. Stirling Soaps are excellent and one of the best "bangs for the buck" out there. You can order very generous sample pucks too.

Bob

proxy.php

proxy.php

+1 To Stirling MITA. Great menthol and a great scent as well. I didn't care for the glacial, the menthol content is so high is makes the lather unstable. Maggard's Orange Menthol is nice also and the lather is better than the MITA in my opinion.

I second MITA. I know you said you want to get away from Synergy, but theyre Frost Byte soap is amazing and cold. super stable awesome lather. the cold from that shave stuck with me all day, but wasnt so bad that my eyes watered or nose burned. its a great soap....you do get a TON of it though.

+1 for Frost_Byte best menthol soap I've ever used.
I just used it again tonight as it is terribly muggy and humid here in the Portland area. This stuff is truly awesome. I was worried at first about the smell, as it kind of reminds me of wintergreen chewing tobacco (the smell of that stuff males my stomach turn) but it turns out that it doesn't offend me at all. Great stuff!

The only soap I've tried that out chills Frost_Byte is Yeti Snot, though as with the Glacial soaps, the high menthol level in the soap could cause the lather to be unstable, but I've never had the problem. I have a sample of the Orange Menthol from Maggard's, but haven't tried it yet, so I can't say how chilling it is.

Shaveabuck sells LEA shaving cream for $6 with free shipping. The mentholated version is as strong as Proraso, some say stronger. It is an excellent cream.
TFS eucalyptus is very cooling. Not a strong ''kick'' like Proraso, but it doesn't have to really. It is a truly top shelf soap, on par with MDC or LPL in my book if not better.

It's not something to shave with, but the synergy lime menthol pre-shave soap has a nice kick. I find it especially refreshing once I rinse with cold water.

I am in a deep and committed relationship with Valobra Menthol. Following its Arctic coolness with Proraso Green aftershave leaves my face feeling icy cold, no mean feat for Summertime South Mississippi! Having not tried Yeti Snot or Stirling, I just might have to stray…but only for a shave or two!!

Though I haven't tried any of the other recommended soaps, I do suggest I coloniali. Smells great, super slick, and a slight menthol kick

Top Bottom