What's new

Looking for a vintage razor.

I would like to buy a vintage DE razor, but not sure what to buy. I do not need an aggressive razor. I use the EJ89 and that is the perfect aggressiveness for me. What vintage Gillette or other razor would be comparable to EJ, and/or an adjustable razor.

I think an aristocrat or slim adjustable would have a similar feel to the ej. theres lots of great vintage razors out there, i suggest getting a couple different ones to try and see what you like.

I've never used an EJ but I do love my 68 black handled super speed and my 55 flare tip super speed. You probably can't go wrong with any of the super speeds. I'm looking for a blue tip and a red tip next.

I've never used an EJ but I do love my 68 black handled super speed and my 55 flare tip super speed. You probably can't go wrong with any of the super speeds. I'm looking for a blue tip and a red tip next.
+1, Super Speeds are great (I have a '59), I also love my '57 Ball End Tech. Both are nice shavers and I'm not sure I have seen many negative reviews of them. Best of luck choosing a Vintage DE!

Hi, that's a good question which has attracted some interesting responses.

I've been fortunate enough to own most of the vintage razors listed. However, the one razor I really miss, and truly regret selling is the Gillette Slim Adjustable from 1964.

The Slim is a great razor. I wish that I still owned mine!

Good luck with your search and let us know where you end up!

Top Bottom