What's new

Looking for a "musk" scent

Hi! I'm rather new to DE shaving, but I've already begun to build a nice small collection of soaps and creams. My current favorite is TOBS Rose, but the wife likes musk scents. Can anyone recommend a soap or cream that would have such a scent? The wife would love it, and through her happiness so would I. :biggrin:

Hi! I'm rather new to DE shaving, but I've already begun to build a nice small collection of soaps and creams. My current favorite is TOBS Rose, but the wife likes musk scents. Can anyone recommend a soap or cream that would have such a scent? The wife would love it, and through her happiness so would I. :biggrin:

I would skip the scented soap/cream (the scent doesn't last) and look for a good cologne or EDT.

I quite like Blenheim Bouquet, which has nice musk notes.

Vulfix makes a scent called "Persian Musk", but I've never had any so I can't comment on the scent. Lee's Razors stocks it. Call Lee or e-mail him and see if he can describe the scent. Plus there's always Aqua Velva Musk for something inexpensive...

M

modern man

Aqua Velva Musk would be a good Aftershave for you.

As for soaps and creams, try the local soap makers.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Aqua Velva Musk would be a good Aftershave for you.

As for soaps and creams, try the local soap makers.

+1 on the AV Musk aftershave.

"local soap makers" ... he means the soapmakers who frequent B&B, such as Mama Bear, SCS Saint Sue, Honeybee Sue, Colleen, QED Charles ...

There aren't a lot of soaps/creams (or even aftershaves) to choose from in this category. But if you want the smell to persist after the shave your best route is to find a musk cologne you like.

If you want to go "high dollar" Royall Musk is really good and lasts the whole day (for me, YMMV). If you shop around for it on line you'll find it at very reasonable prices (places like scentiments.com).

And don't sweat the cost. It's worth every penny if it's something that your wife likes.

AV Musk and Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel is great together and not as powerful as the AV alone.

Kiehls No. 1 Musk EdT is very nice and very long lasting.

Thanks for all the advice guys! This is way more than I expected. I will give some of them a try and see which one works best for the wifey. Well, I probably won't try the vintage Old Spice because no matter how good it smells the cost will turn her off....:tongue_sm

I love AV musk. It only lasts a couple hours but for $3 a bottle it's not costly to slap it on a couple times a day. plus if you don't like it chuck it no harm done.

Thanks for all the advice guys! This is way more than I expected. I will give some of them a try and see which one works best for the wifey. Well, I probably won't try the vintage Old Spice because no matter how good it smells the cost will turn her off....:tongue_sm

If you try that Vulfix Persian Musk shave cream, I'd be interested in your thoughts...

Top Bottom