What's new

Look at my Shavemac Specs

I'm getting the urge to upgrade my Berkeley with a Shavemac. I'm searching for A tiny travel/in a work rush bowl lathering brush. I want soft tips with medium Simpson backbone. I paint my lather, but would like a brush that splays only a little for circular motions. I don't want to feel like I might bottom out pushing down on the brush. Ideally, it shouldn't take a long time to rinse clean. My Emperor 2 in 3 band Super takes too long, lately. But it's my favorite badger. I've settled on a 46mm loft 21mm knot in D01 Silvertip with a fan top. Is D01 too much or should I go regular Silvertip?

From my previous research, the do1 is a love/hate thing. Many finding them to dense. For what you want, consider a 2 band fan. A little more backbone than silver tip, yet as soft. Just a thought.

Shavemac will tailor a knot to your specifications. Just describe your preferences as you did in your post and voila`.

You can even send in your Simpson's handle and have them reknot it with something more suitable.

I let my SBAD overwhelm my impulse control and bought it with a tortoise handle. After reading older posts. I'm reasonably confident, but keeping my fingers crossed until it arrives. I was sold by a poster who said D01 is like improved Simpson Super hair.
From my previous research, the do1 is a love/hate thing. Many finding them to dense. For what you want, consider a 2 band fan. A little more backbone than silver tip, yet as soft. Just a thought.
I saw a photo of 2B Silvertip and it looked like a slightly denser version of my Stirling 24mm Finest 2B. What I don't like about the Stirling is that I can feel the little clumps of hair on my face. It's almost like a boar brush. The Stirling is a great value BTW.

I saw the space to give Bernd my notes of what I was looking for, but I decided it wasn't necessary. I hope so. If I wasn't chasing squirrels in the bathroom, I'd consider reknotting my handle.

I've owned all the hair types of Shavemac and all the knot styles (flat top, bulb and fan). When I think of a travel brush I think of quick drying. As said, the DO1's are dense knots so you might not see an improvement in drying time but you'll have a excellent brush if the loft suits you. Good luck with your choice.

Top Bottom