What's new

Loft for Shavemac Fan

I am planning to buy a second Shavemac brush. Looking at a 22 mm fan in 2 band silver tip. I almost exclusively bowl lather hard soaps. I have a Shavemac 26 2 band silver tip with 54mm loft and it is fine for my style. I also have a Semogue owners club 2 band which feels right. I have read a lot of posts, including the Rudy Vey recommendations. The Shave Mac Configurator recommends a 52 mm loft for a 22 mm fan, but that sounds a bit high. I am leaning toward 50 mm. Any input appreciated.

Actually the configurator recommends 50 mm loft, and I am considering 48 mm, and am concerned that might be too high. Sorry for the confusion.

I can't say. Shoot Rudy Vey a message and ask him. Personally, I like a soft brush with a just enough backbone. 48mm sounds a bit short. However, I really don't know what I am talking about.

Thanks. Since I really really don't know what I am talking about you might be the perfect person to give me advice

Actually the configurator recommends 50 mm loft, and I am considering 48 mm, and am concerned that might be too high. Sorry for the confusion.
I have a Shavemac D01 22mm 3 band set at a 46mm loft which is one of my favourite brushes!

Face lather or bowl lather? Soap or cream? Thanks
I face lather soaps! I also have a D01 3 band fan 24mm set at 50mm loft. The 24 blooms a bit bigger. I also have one of Rudy's Shavemac 2 band 26mm 50mm loft. I find the D01 3 bands denser.

Here they are left to right D01 3 band 22/46 and 24/50 with 26/50 2 band.
IMG_20230716_102006.jpg

Sorry about the lighting on the overhead shot.
IMG_20230716_102041.jpg

I have a 22mm by 46mm loft 2 band silver tip fan. I only face lather, and it one of my best of about the 25 that I own. This brush being on the small side releases lather better than any other brush I have and hold enough lather for 3-4 passes.

It has plenty of backbone for my face lathering, but you may want to consider increasing your loft to 48mm as a bowl lather.

I have a 22mm by 46mm loft 2 band silver tip fan. I only face lather, and it one of my best of about the 25 that I own. This brush being on the small side releases lather better than any other brush I have and hold enough lather for 3-4 passes.

It has plenty of backbone for my face lathering, but you may want to consider increasing your loft to 48mm as a bowl lather.
thanks. that's sort of where I'm headed, that or 50mm

I face-lather, so take this with at least a grain of salt!

I have a Shavemac 2-band fan set at 2mm less than the configuratior recommendation: just about PERFECT!! :a29::a29::a29:

Top Bottom