What's new

L'occitane Vetyver

:thumbup: Evening gents. I got my first whiff of this edt today at the new L'occitane store in K.C. Mo. This is a real sleeper. The L scents don't get a lot of play at times on the forums and for the life of me I don't know why. This vetyver is superb in the bottle. That's another thing. I love the understated packaging. A simple brown flask style bottle with atomiser. 100ml = $40. This stuff is far and away better than 99% of the dept. store designer blends I've sniffed over the last few years. What a price for this quality. The only scent I can think of that comes close to this value is the Brooks Brothers 1818 at $50 for a full 6.8oz. I have not actually worn this yet so do not take this as a review. However, barring a complete lack of cooperation from my body chemistry, this should be a slam dunk for fall/winter use. There are times when you open a bottle of edt and just know that quality resides within. This is so with the Vetyver. Check it out.

Regards, Todd

Hi Scott. Wow, your intial impressions of grasslands, herbaceousness, and a bit of seasonings are exactly what I got from the bottle. I know I'm going to like this one. There goes the wallet again.

Regards, Todd

Love it also.
Unfortunately my bottle has gone missing....
perhaps SWMBO did not like it as much(?)
John P.

L'Occitane Vetyver is a winner for me too. It has more of a grass/herb note - which I like -- to it (to me) than some of the other "V" offerings (e.g., Guerlain).

Howdy Folks,

I'll chime in with my agreements as well. I greatly enjoy the Vetyver offering from L'Occitane. Albeit I can't see being as fond of this in warmer weather.

The odd thing is, on my first impression, I was a little under whelmed. Concerning fragrances, it's funny how your preferences can vary (sometimes widely) over time. :rolleyes:

Bob & Scott, I noticed that you two have experience with the Eau du Badian. How would you describe this? (While sampling it in the store I was around too many competing scents for me to gain an accurate impression...)

Badian is a very heady anise-scented cologne. Pretty linear in its evolution, a bit sweet, and utterly delectable.

The Badian also starts with some Citrus...I like to use this after AOS Lemon...

I try to go in there and sample one fragrance at a time....put a little on my wrist and go walk around. Otherwise the scent will get muddled with everything else going on around you.

Top Bottom