What's new

L'Occitane Rich Shaving Cream - Are you sure you're using enough?

Watch this video and look at how much cream this guy scoops up (about the 0:18 mark). WOW! This guy must be a 3017'er the way he's plowing through product. I use a peanut sized amount and I have plenty of lather. Then again, this guy doesn't appear to add any water to the cream.

I suppose if you want to sell product, you want your customers to use as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy hell! If I were to use that much if have enough lather left over to shave my legs, my wife's legs, and my dog!!!

I just barely touch my brush into the cream for a four passer. I figure he scooped out about 5-6 days worth for me. I will say you'll be a favorite of the store manager if you use that much..or at least, very familiar.

A little O/T, I'm just curious if anyone has tried that brush. It's a Plisson, but it appeared to have synthetic bristles when I saw it in-store. I can't say I'm much interested in acquiring it, but I'm still curious how it works compared to real badger.

I just got a sample of this. It is a very good cream - but not much better than other creams which can be had for much less. If the scent is that important - than certainly - you will not be disappointed

My wife made a purchase from them earlier this week, it came with some samples of the asb. I was a bit sad there were no cream samples but the asb is rather nice.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
That was way to much cream. I have a .25 sample and still have some left over because I rotate my creams. I would end up washing the remainder of that cream down the sink and it would be a waste if the price of the cream was less. Plus he didn't dip his brush in water. I don't like my lather that dry or stiff. What a waste!

Their original shaving cream was great stuff, great scent too. This was back about 15 years ago. They have reformulated that shave cream a few times over the years. Last batch I tried was about 2002 and it wasn't so great.

They have reformulated that shave cream a few times over the years.

I can only imagine what the product offerings were like back then. I first became familiar with L'Occitane in 2003, and there's very little they offer now that is the same as it was then. The company is constantly altering its lines, discontinuing, revamping and reformulating with seeming abandon. Most of what I used to enjoy from them is long gone, or has been altered in such a way as it might as well be a different product. It keeps me from getting too enthusiastic over any of their current offerings, because there's a distinct chance something I like now won't be around for long.

I can only imagine what the product offerings were like back then. I first became familiar with L'Occitane in 2003, and there's very little they offer now that is the same as it was then. The company is constantly altering its lines, discontinuing, revamping and reformulating with seeming abandon. Most of what I used to enjoy from them is long gone, or has been altered in such a way as it might as well be a different product. It keeps me from getting too enthusiastic over any of their current offerings, because there's a distinct chance something I like now won't be around for long.

Their mens shaving cream was awesome back when I first tried it around 1997, was good until about 1999. I had picked up some of their stuff again in 2003 and I never finished using it, was pretty disappointed, seemed too unisex, didn't even have a mens scent to it anymore. It was way too perfumy. The older stuff I first tried performed great and had a very subtle distinct masculine scent, it was a very comfortable scent with some sandalwood notes but many other notes as well, present but not overpowering at all, a scent I have not seen duplicated by anyone as of yet. I went to AoS Sandalwood around 2000 or 2001, even used their lemon scent and really liked them both until about 7-8 years ago when I a found much less expensive and increasingly more available alternatives that is just as good. I stick with Proraso red these days. Love that stuff.

Top Bottom