What's new

L'Occitane CADE Shaving Soap-Vive la Provence

Ron, Scotto, I bought the L'Occitane soap! I had a shower and a shave just now, and I must say you guys are masters of the wetshaving trade, thanks for teaching me something delightfully new. Yes, this soap lathers great, I took a quick N-S shave with my Merkur Vision just to give it a test run. Again, it's super soap, and does it smell nice!

Thanks again guys!

Jeff

Jeff, glad you like it. The light juniper fragrance is very nice this time of year. The lather is very moist and thick as well. Hmmm - think this will go into the rotation this week :biggrin:

BTW, if you are a fragrance guy, try the L'Occitane Vetyver cologne after shaving with this soap. Really nice. The Eau de Badian is great too.

Scotto, I tested the Vetiver cologne and I might buy it. The Eau de Badian doesn't seem to suit the kind of body chemistry I have. One thing I must say, tomorrow morning, I'm going to take a complete 2 pass shave with this soap, I really like it!

Jeff

I just popped in the L'Occitane store and picked up a cake of this stuff.

Wow. What a great soap. What great lather, and what a great scent. This is my first non-glycerin soap and I'm loving it. Thanks so much for reviewing it.

I've been using L'Occitane soap for about six years now. They last me about a year and a half with almost daily use. Factor that into the cost.
Rick

I have been using the L'Occitane cade soap for the last couple months and I really like it. I like it better than Truefitt and Hill Ultimate comfort shaving cream and Roger et Gallet's L'Homme soap. It gives a closest shave than the UC cream and it doesn't dry out on my face. I did sampled their shaving cream and I liked it too but the soap is the best value. Thanks for the great review Guenron!

One question though. How do you get rid of the corrosion on the metal bowl?

Samuel

Ockham's razor said:
I have been using the L'Occitane cade soap for the last couple months and I really like it. I like it better than Truefitt and Hill Ultimate comfort shaving cream and Roger et Gallet's L'Homme soap. It gives a closest shave than the UC cream and it doesn't dry out on my face. I did sampled their shaving cream and I liked it too but the soap is the best value. Thanks for the great review Guenron!

One question though. How do you get rid of the corrosion on the metal bowl?

Samuel
Did not get any corrosion, but if I did, probably rub it out with some Bon Ami before it penetrated too far.

This is some fine soap indeed. I picked some up yesterday, along with the Eau des Bergers A/S splash, and shaved with it today. Fantastic! Not much to compain about with this soap. The Eau de Badian is on my Christmas wish list.

Top Bottom