What's new

Little Italy

My shave drawer has become a little Italy. SV and Valobra (old AOS) have featured regularly in the rotation for a good while now. Last week I restocked several flavors of Proraso, which I hadn't used in a while. I used the red this morning and got excellent results, and I remembered why I liked it. Of the others I can't say enough good about SV. A most excellent soap. Yes, it is expensive, but it lasts a long time, so the $/hr of enjoyment is less than many other things I do.

That old AOS is excellent stuff. I had the chance to buy one puck of lemon early in my journey. I didn’t know what good soap was back then. Barely knew what good lather was. Congratulations on having some in reserve!

My shave drawer has become a little Italy. SV and Valobra (old AOS) have featured regularly in the rotation for a good while now. Last week I restocked several flavors of Proraso, which I hadn't used in a while. I used the red this morning and got excellent results, and I remembered why I liked it. Of the others I can't say enough good about SV. A most excellent soap. Yes, it is expensive, but it lasts a long time, so the $/hr of enjoyment is less than many other things I do.
Happy for you!
Nice that you like SV👍
Valobra was truly something fantastic at a ridiculous price here in Italy

🇮🇹
GO ITALY! GO ITALY! GO ITALY!
🇮🇹
Italian Flag GIF by Viaggio nel Mondo

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It’s impossible to find in the US unless you have someone in the EU send it to you, but a 1000ml brick of 3P is divine. 1000ml works out to a little under 900g, soap is actually a little lighter than water. The formula is simple and similar to Martin de Candre.

I have Figaro soap made in Italy. It has a pleasant aroma and a very high-quality foam. In my city (and I live in Russia) this soap can be bought for 318 Russian rubles. Which is equal to 3.27 US dollars.

Top Bottom