What's new

Little Bro First Straight Shave

So my little bro only, 15 just shaved with a straight for the first time. I helped coach him after he watched me straight shave. I set him up with my H diamond japanese western, my custom shavemac, and the bomb bay rum cream. Only a few nicks but nothing major a real success. :thumbup1: He got smooth and clean with one pass.

proxy.php

You can watch all the videos in the world. But, there is no substitute for actual on-the-spot feedback. And, judging from the good outcome, you certainly were a better brother than my older brothers. (I should start a gather around the potbelly stove thread about mean things done by siblings.)

I wish I'd had a big brother, and even more, one to teach me important things like proper shaving technique. I started shaving myself with my mom's bic razor in the shower when I was 14. I didn't like the peach fuzz coming in, so I started using her leg razor. Nobody ever taught me proper techniques. My shave improved by leaps and bounds even using a Mach 3 by using proper techniques that I learned here on this great site and by watching tutorials online.

+1...Way to go Jose!
I got my older brother to start using straights, but was unable to be there for the first shave (due to the fact that he lives 1k miles away).

Top Bottom