What's new

Let me know what I just bought please

Fantastic score my friend! All the antique stores in my area have been watching too much Pawn Stars, deals that cheap are unheard of here.

Wow... what a bargain!
If you find you are using that as a daily & the finish bothers you, then it's begging for a replate.
Find a reputable craftsman & it will look stunning for another 50+ years. Replates are not too expensive either.

top has a crustiness over it that is just frustrating, its like the No.1 thing I want to have a decent shine haha

Just one more thing, is it ok for me to use the razor with the guard like this, like if I get a sweeper am I going to need to get a tetanus shot or something $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387427212.421975.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you have soaked it, scrubbed it and let it soak in scrubbing bubbles then you should be good to go.
I can't really see the guard bar there, but there shouldn't be any "loose" debris.
If there is, you're not done scrubbing.
It should be metal only.
Once you are there, you'll be fine.

If you have soaked it, scrubbed it and let it soak in scrubbing bubbles then you should be good to go.
I can't really see the guard bar there, but there shouldn't be any "loose" debris.
If there is, you're not done scrubbing.
It should be metal only.
Once you are there, you'll be fine.

There isn't anything flaking or loose but it looks the color of rust

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There isn't anything flaking or loose but it looks the color of rust

It's just oxidized then. As long as it has been scrubbed of debris it should be fine. Can you see the little lines in the guard bar?
If it's smooth, there is debris in there and it needs a soak and scrub. If the lines are pretty well defined, you're good to go.

$1948.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ready to roll!
Lather up and give it a run.
I think you'll be pleased, these are really great razors.

I have one just like it except mine is missing the end caps. Nice find! Those Crats are beautiful razors.
Just a word of warning. I got my worst shave from mine. I was lulled by the good reports about it and went at too steep of an angle, major road rash. Just make sure to start at a shallow angle.

Top Bottom