What's new

Lee Sabini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone out there know if Lee Sabini is still making brushes? Since he ceased making brushes for Rooney, I believe he was making Morris& Fendrihan brushes for awhile. However,is he currently making any brushes at all? Over the past few years,I attempted to contact him via email many times but he NEVER once responded to me. Does anyone have any current info on Lee?

Thanks.
Craig

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
As far as I know, Lee still owns the Rooney and M&F names. If you can get hold of him, he still makes brushes under either brand name. The trick is getting in touch with him

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I do not think he is in the business anymore, lots of people seem to have not chance to get into contact with him.
Also, Dark Holler posted this in November:

"We're not going to put knots in our handles that don't satisfy our standards. There isn't much we can do about the situation with Lee. Sending handles to England and then waiting for brushes to come back with no control or oversight over installation isn't a tenable arrangement. We said that a year ago. Our expectation was that Lee would put us in a position to source knots from him and install them ourselves. That didn't happen.

Consistency has been an issue, and since June Lee hasn't responded to our request for samples and/or a description of what he has available to commit to us."

It's like Keyser Souze combined with a really picky nightclub doorman. I did get one Rooney 'Heritage' 2/2 with block letters ~2007-2008 that I'm reasonably sure he knotted and it is quite the unique thing.

Attachments

• $image.gif
    $image.gif
    991.8 KB · Views: 440
Does anyone out there know if Lee Sabini is still making brushes? Since he ceased making brushes for Rooney, I believe he was making Morris& Fendrihan brushes for awhile. However,is he currently making any brushes at all? Over the past few years,I attempted to contact him via email many times but he NEVER once responded to me. Does anyone have any current info on Lee?

Thanks.
Craig

A few names to mention...

Rudy Vey has replied to this thread and people speak highly of his work,
I've personally had 2 custom brushes from Bernd at Shavemac and the quality spectacular,

I've aslo had 2 brushes direct from Lee Sabini and I ended up selling them both after a short period

Bottom line, I wouldn't waste my time chasing a ghost who might or might not deliver an amazing product, instead grab yourself a custom, one-of-a-kind, lifetime keepsake brush from someone else.

Lee is still around and making brushes. Unfortunately he's had some personal issues to deal with that have affected his time in making brushes. Hopefully that will change in the coming year.

A few names to mention...

Custom brush makers that come to mind: Rudy Vey, Chief Broom, Wolf Whiskers. All of these guys will reply to your email. Some may have a wait list, but you'll get an answer from them and won't have to chase them.

Lee is still around and making brushes. Unfortunately he's had some personal issues to deal with that have affected his time in making brushes. Hopefully that will change in the coming year.

To be fair, he's always been hard to get a hold of for some. Some get replies, some don't.

Last edited:
I will further trumpet Rudy Vey and Bernd from shavemac as being incredible. I have two brushes made by Bernd and my absolute favorite badger brush, a Shavemac 2-band fan in chubby style jade handle by Rudy Vey, made earlier this year. I cannot recommend these two gentlemen enough. Rudy is extremely responsive and very very professional.

My experience with Lee is no experience after a couple emails. I do know that he will help you if you want to buy many many brushes. I had made contact with someone through a facebook group that was on the inside of Lee's circle because he did huge group buys and I was within reach of a Morris and Forndran. Then, I started reading about quality concerns, none of which I'd experienced with Shavemac or Thater. I then decided to cancel my order through that gentleman and got another Shavemac which of course, was fantastic.

Just my two cents. I find there are far too many folks out there to make you a very very nice CUSTOM brush that you do not have to beg. Nathan Clarke, Brad Sears, etc. Plenty. Your call though.

I've been in contact with the gentleman from Wiborg as well and although busy, he will contact you back. Florian I think it is?

I don't think Lee has anything to do with Rooney now but I could be mistaken. I don't think Ken will be selling Dark Holler brushes until their website is ready. In the meantime, if you come across a used M&F at a good price I'd go for it. Lee has made a lot of really nice brushes. I haven't had a chance to try one yet but it sounds like current Shavemac 2 band knots are of the quality that I came to expect from Lee.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I don't think Lee has anything to do with Rooney now but I could be mistaken. I don't think Ken will be selling Dark Holler brushes until their website is ready. In the meantime, if you come across a used M&F at a good price I'd go for it. Lee has made a lot of really nice brushes. I haven't had a chance to try one yet but it sounds like current Shavemac 2 band knots are of the quality that I came to expect from Lee.
Lee bought Rooney years ago, not sure when. If you get a new Rooney or M&F, you are getting a Lee Sabini brush

A guy on a Facebook shaving user group just put up a post and pics with 3 new m&F brushes that just arrived so apparently he is still producing.

Another bump for Rudy Vey and Bernd at Shavemac. In fact I have a brush on order with Rudy right now that will have a Shavemac knot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom