What's new

Leaving Badge Bristels Up?

I just recently accepted an offer for a free badger brush. Having only used cheap synthetic brushes in the past, I have a question. I don't have a stand. Will I damage the brush if I store it bristles pointing up? It will be on an open shelf with decent air circulation?

Thanks,

JD

There have been many discussion on this, but the consensus seems to be it makes absolutely no difference if a brush hangs or stands. Somebody even weighed hanging/standing brushes at regular intervals to check they dried at very similar rates.

Yea, like a lot of other items set before shavers to buy, a lot are useless ! Just there for manufactures to make money! Invest in a nice soap instead.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Doesn't really matter which way. I always say that most brushes have a stand build in - they have their bottom to stand on.
Just make sure that a brush is completely dried before you put it into a cabinet or any enclosed area.

No problems!

Once upon a time a new brush meant buying another stand. Then I realized that I was better off spending my $ on more brushes rather than more stands.

I put my stand way months ago and now I just give the used brush several good shakes and squeezing the water out.

It might actually be better. Remember, water evaporates up. If you hang it upside down it will evaporate toward the glue.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, but I I figured I'd just throw that out there.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Water does not evaporate up. It evaporates out. No matter, it still makes no difference whether you hang your brush or stand it up.

Like me, all my expensive badger brushes sit on their arse after use. I've had a stand in a box in my basement for 8 years and my brushes don't miss it one bit. Put that stand money toward something you can use.

I hang my brush on a string in front of the sink cabinet. There is a heat register right below it. Works great, always dry. This method has helped on the badger brushes. They take a little longer to dry and have a biological side to them. I don't want a brush that already stinks sitting in a warm wet environment.

Water does not evaporate up. It evaporates out. No matter, it still makes no difference whether you hang your brush or stand it up.
The evaporation creates a vacuum that sucks the condensed water up with the grain of the fibers. However, on the individual hairs, yes, the water evaporates out. My bad. I should have been more specific.

Either way, the water, if you at least shake the excess water out, and humidity isn't 100% should dry out in more than enough time before there are issues to occur within the brush.

Funny thing is I have a stand that holds the brush on its side slanting slightly down. I like the looks much better than simply a stand that hangs the brush straight down. Don't see why a brush can't be stored up, down or sideways? Think about the hair on your head after you wash it. Up down every which way? Clean the brush and dry it some on your towel and then store any way you like the look of it all!

Top Bottom