What's new

Lea Shaving Cream

I have LEA mentholated. Not as strong a menthol kick as Palmolive or Ingram, but good enough to keep in rotation.

I used it again today and found it to be very enjoyable.

As far as the scent goes, I can't really figure it out either. It's not wonderful, but is nice. A bit strange.

just used lea sensitive cream tonight for the first time.....very nice stuff.
definitely not my favorite but i will be using this to superlather some soaps from here on out.

I use it occasionally but I find that the lather is rather frothy and not very protective. Not to crazy about the scent either.

I tried some of this today and I have to say, I really liked it. Nice lather, and it gave a very slick shave with my SE Ever-Ready Streamline. I recommend this for anyone trying out different creams. Low cost, but a good shave. Scent was a soapy smell, which I like in a cream or soap.

Ahhh , used Lea this morning. It's an easy latherer and gives great protection.
As far as the smell, for me its a clean soapy smell. Very fresh.

Received a small tube of this with a brush from Mr. Vey. Haven't used a cream in years and thought I'd break it open and give it a shot.

Lathered up really well and provided a nice slick, creamy lather that left my face feeling good. Very mild scent but it was nice and clean. I think I'll use up the rest of this little tube.

I have to admit, my interest in creams has been piqued.

Love lea sensitive and the asb is great, nice warm menthol kick without menthol odors too. The lea menthol tube didnt do so much for me though.

Recently tried the soap and the cream from the Classic line , which I think is relatively new .
I like the cream a lot ; a cream for soap lovers !
How does the Classic cream compare to the regular line ?

I used the sensitive cream (metal can) today. I still prefer Proraso but LEA's not awful. I found i needed a lot of product to build the lather, likely due to my hard water. The lather is quite slick and creamy. Scentwise, i mostly get the menthol with a slight sweet woodiness of sandalwood. It's clean and non-offensive. Post shave, my face feels great and the menthol lasts for a little while afterwards- on par with Proraso green. A huge positive i found was, it very easy to rinse away any residue from my face and gear.
I doubt I'll replace it, but I'll be happy to finish the can i have.

I have both the Lea Menthol and Classic. The Menthol version is downright frigid, but even the Classic provides a very nice cooling sensation. They both lather superbly.

I tried all 4 LEA creams and these are my thoughts:

Proffesional - nice old school barbershop scent, pretty good all arounder, fun huge tube for so little money so why not? I gave mine to my brother when he started wet shaving and he loves it.

Menthol - similar distinct barbershop scent + tons of menthol. BUT! The queen of ice for me is Ingram: the lather is just better and it is even more cooling.

Sensitive - top notch product, similar scent to above with better skin care and protection. Very inexpensive and the 40g travel size tube costs less than a sample of other makes.

Classic - I am on the fence. Similar in some aspects to Sensitive. Mildly cooling with a unique scent. Nice to have.

I enjoyed them all but the only one I will re-buy is the Sensitive.

Top Bottom