What's new

Lavender

Ok, I needed some lavender AS, so I thought I would try a couple that I have seen on here. I ordered PAA Planet Lavender and Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande! No the wait by the mailbox begins!

Tom

It's good you got the two different ones

PAA Lavender Planet is a straight linear lavender overload
CL Champ de Lavande has other notes as well and differs from their Pure

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I just added lavender essential oil to some witch hazel until it screamed.

Face-scorching clouds of lavender scent ... perfect after the DG lavender soap.

Also glycerin, of course. Shake well before use.

"Purple haze!"

AA

Airmech, out of curiosity, did you consider Chatillon Lavender? If you did and opted not to get it, why not? I ask because I am going to be looking for a lavender aftershave that is floral leaning, and wondering if that might be it.

If you are interested in a really nice lavender scent that isnt just straight lavender, then I would also recommend Dr Jon's Flowers In The Dark.

art of shaving lavender simpson manchurian kai july 20 2018.jpg

On their website I see only aftershave balm and pre-shave oil. Afraid I am an alcohol, splash guy.
seems like AOS must have discontinued the lavender lotion in the plastic spray bottle.
if you want something with alcohol, look at trumper's or czech & speake.
keep in mind, many of the so-called 'barbershop' or 'talcum' scents were based on lavender.
happy hunting!

proxy.php

proxy.php

M

Member 113878

Caron Pour un Homme is a great classic.
B&M Lavanille is quite based on it, if I understand well.

PAA Lavender Planet is a straight linear lavender overload

Alot of PAA's offerings sound great, but they have a seasonal scents and seem to be dropping/adding and re-formulating scents. I'd hate to get one, like it, and then it not be available.

Puig Agua Lavanda -search over

I have Puig Agua Brava and it's nice. Doesn't have the best longevity but it is nice. I guess their lavender is worth a try.

Alot of PAA's offerings sound great, but they have a seasonal scents and seem to be dropping/adding and re-formulating scents. I'd hate to get one, like it, and then it not be available.

I have Puig Agua Brava and it's nice. Doesn't have the best longevity but it is nice. I guess their lavender is worth a try.

Yup, worth a try for sure. Very clean, has some longevity for me and also pretty good bang for your buck.

Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender is my favorite. It’s nicely balanced and masculine, not too sharp, flowery, or bright.

I recently acquired a Mickey Lee "Jefferson Square" set as part of a BST deal. Soap is at about 90%, AS is around half full if memory serves. I have reluctantly decided I just don't care for lavender. Happy to pass it along to any of you lavender heads if you pick up the postage. If you're interested, send PM; in case of several replies, first one to reply gets it.

Top Bottom