What's new

Lavender Colognes

Has anyone who enjoys lavender tried the C&E lavender line? I have the hand lotion and find the lotion is not only really effective for keeping ones hands moist and not greasy but smells very nice, IMO. So, anyone try the spray that is associated with this line? If so, how is it? Feminine? Mellows nice?
I found it extremely feminine.

I also recently picked up the Trumpers Lavender water, and didn't much care for it. Very odd smell, and was gone in an instant. I have it available for decants for those who want to take a chance.

The Atkinson's is still the best stuff out there for men, IMO.

I have the Santa Maria Novella Imperial Lavender. It's one of my very favorite scents. Not the cheapest thing on earth at $84 for 3.3 oz., but a little goes a long way. You can find it at www.lafcony.com.

Shane

Has anyone else tried Penhaligon's Lavandula? Sounds perfect, but because it's a woman's scent rather than a unisex one, I'd need some additional data.

hello mr perfume critic...:)....sobranie from basenotes here too...:)...recently i've been turned onto these folks for the remarkable lavender....
http://www.caldey-island.co.uk/ have just ordered their lavender stuff...eagerly awaiting....lavender is one of my favs especially lately...
caron - 3rd man and l'impact pour un homme are wonderful...and also encens et lavande by serge lutens is worn sparingly...:)...

russell i've just been waiting on lavandula...should be here tomorrow i believe...will certainly post a review...:)...i've gotten it that its actually a more masculine lavender...

lavandula arrived today and although longevity is moderate it is a very "masculine" smelling lavander despite being marketed for females...very calm and not flowery in the least...very reminiscent to serge lutens "encens et lavande"...i'm very happy with this...its an excellent lavander

Sobranie, thanks for the input! I am glad to hear that Lavandula is a wearable men's scent, I'm thinking of taking a field trip down to Saks Fifth Avenue or perhaps even the Penhaligon's store uptown in NYC to try/buy some.

In the meantime, though, unable to resist temptation over the weekend, I ordered bottle of Santa Maria Novella imperial lavender aftershave (an impressive line, to say the least; I'm curious about the lavender+amber cologne they also sell), and a bottle of Atkinson's for good measure. I've been using lavender shaving cream or soap lately and then using some other scent to finish, it would be great to keep the lavender thing going all day.

I got the Santa Maria Novella last night and wore it this morning. First off, this is a very green (pure?) lavender smell, not a sweet one. The packaging is beautiful, and the stuff itself exudes quality. Now I know why they also have a lavender/amber scent, probably to sweeten it up a bit.

I made the mistake of applying this directly to my face after a close shave with a gigantic, probably-not-sharp-enough 7/8 Wade and Butcher spike-point wedge, and had the burn of a lifetime. I had to put out the fire with some Trumpers and a little AoS Lavender just for good measure. I can't say how this would have felt after a proper shave, but I can say that it smelled very nice for a bit and then disappeared. My face feels pretty good (if still a little burnt), so I'll save this stuff for my better DE shaves. I think my next purchase will probably be the SMN amber/lavender, since i can use that on myself regardless of shave quality.

Have been using Atkinson's the last few days. It's pretty sharp, and lasts about 4 hours on me. Better than the Santa Maria Novella, which is outrageously sharp and only lasts about 30 minutes (no exaggeration there, I just applied some and can't smell it anymore). Didn't like the Atkinson's at first, but it's growing on me. I'm waiting on some Penhaligon's samples, but I don't think they're sending me Lavandula.

Hello Gents:

Thought I would weigh in on the lavender issue, and suggest Lorenzo Villoresi Wild Lavender a/k/a Inglese. It is fairly sharp, but not terribly sharp, very fresh, clean and just a little "soapy". It is very masculine and lasts 3-4 hours. Hard to find, but worth checking out. Excellent product.

I also like Yardley Gentleman, which has some lavender, although I am not sure it would be classified as primarily lavender. This is also a great mens' fragrance worth trying.

Hello Gents:

Thought I would weigh in on the lavender issue, and suggest Lorenzo Villoresi Wild Lavender a/k/a Inglese. It is fairly sharp, but not terribly sharp, very fresh, clean and just a little "soapy". It is very masculine and lasts 3-4 hours. Hard to find, but worth checking out. Excellent product.

I also like Yardley Gentleman, which has some lavender, although I am not sure it would be classified as primarily lavender. This is also a great mens' fragrance worth trying.

Joe,
Interesting stuff.. I personally don't care for the Yardley Gentleman. I think it relates back to fond memories of a Yardley black label cologne I had 40+ years ago. Have to try the LV Inglese though. Where were you a year ago when we were dying for these comments? :lol:

Top Bottom