What's new

Lavender Aftershave/Soap Combos.......what do you use and what do you like?

I've been using the Razo Rock Essential of Lavender soap and then the King Louis aftershave, really nice stuff actually. The smell if the aftershave isn't what I thought it was going to be when I imagined Lavender, but I'm new to this still, so it's still one of those things I guess.

So is the general feedback here go with B&M?

I'm almost done with my bottle of Razorock King Louis Lavender, so I'll need to try something else.
My experience with B&M, Lime, Lavender, and Cedar wood was sublime. I haven't tried any of their other lavender offerings, but if they are as well thought out as LLC, they should be fantastic.
1583866209394.png

I forgot to mention and add that I'm just looking for aftershave recommendations that are Lavender. I know B&M comes highly regarded as one of the best.

I forgot to mention and add that I'm just looking for aftershave recommendations that are Lavender. I know B&M comes highly regarded as one of the best.
In that case, might I suggest an inexpensive locally produced lavender aftershave. It is made by a company here in St. Louis called Herbaria pure pleasure. It retails for $3.95 for a 2oz bottle and $7.50 for a 4oz bottle. It has a very nice natural lavender scent and is ultra soothing.
1583870513357.png

I only have one lavender aftershave. Bromley's Bergamot & Lavender aftershave balm.
The scent isn't very strong, but it smells good and lasts a while. I'm not a big fan of aftershave balms since they take forever to absorb into my head, but this one is good.

When I use The Art of Shaving’s Lavender shave soap, I pair it with Proraso Green AS splash. It’s a great combo and I think the scents really complement each other.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy Lavender, this stuff has masculine scents in my thoughts. Razorock Lavender is my first tub I ever used up and glade I restocked before they sold out. The Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave is nice but fades quickly but it is very enjoyable for that window of time. It seems Lavender aftershaves seem to fade quickly from what I have read. I will buy Mikes Lavender soap down the road because of positive vouching of their (his) products.
SOTD, Feb 6th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I'm a big fan of the Razorock line for Lavender as that was my first introduction to lavender. I'm looking for a new aftershave as mine is just about gone, and I'd like to change things up a bit. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on the Lavender Planet PAA aftershave, but I already have two of them so I wanted to try something else.

Barrister and Mann seems to be the go to.

I know you are talking shave soap, but If you want to add a bath soap to make it a trifecta.... I use Yardley lavender bar soap and I really like the addition to the shower that the lavender brings.

Attachments

• lavendar.jpg
    lavendar.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2
The stirling lavender just does not cut it for me lavender is just not strong enough.
Meissner Tremonia or tobs have a nice lavender scent both in cream.
The tobs is a wonderfully shave, meissner a bit disappointing. Still going for a hard soap puck next time.

Have WSP Lavender soap and like it's scent. So I'm almost certain the AS is going to be good.

I have Thayers lavender witch hazel and like to pair it with Ach Brito cologne when I'm in the mood for lavender.

Speick Men AS is probably my all-time favorite, both in terms of performance and the scent. A strong lavender note along with the eponymous alpine spikenard/valerian and a little bit of something 'spicy'.

Incidentally, the scent actually bears a strong resemblance to that of the new/tallow formulation of Cyril R. Salter lavender soap, which I have sniffed but not yet lathered.

Using the Ach Brito Lavanda as an aftershave too. Sticks around for awhile and am still able to catch whiffs of it 12 hours later in the day.

Been using the Fine Lavender Pour Homme AS a lot. I’m addicted. Also like the B+M. Have a sample of the Castle Forbes balm and it’s like walking into a field of lavender in bloom.

Top Bottom