What's new

Lavender Aftershave/Soap Combos.......what do you use and what do you like?

Hello,

I've decided to venture down the Lavender path and I'm looking for some recommendations on a good Lavender soap and aftershave.

I've been eye balling the Lavender Essential from Razor Rock with the matching aftershave, but I'm really open to suggestions as well.

Hello,

I've decided to venture down the Lavender path and I'm looking for some recommendations on a good Lavender soap and aftershave.

I've been eye balling the Lavender Essential from Razor Rock with the matching aftershave, but I'm really open to suggestions as well.

That is what I am using right now. I'm a big fan. Especially the aftershave (both the scent and the ingredient list).
Many here also like Castle Forbes for its lavender soap and aftershave balm.

Here's what I'm looking at from Razo Rock

proxy.php

And then the soap

proxy.php

Mike’s Natural Hungarian Lavender and aftershave. I also like to use Chatillion Lux’s pure lavender AS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scent of the RazoRock Essential Oil of Lavender is quite nice and the soap is a solid choice as well (although not as good as many others). I've not used the King Louis before.

My favorite lavender - just used it today - is the Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender. Both the soap and AS are great.

I did a fairly comprehensive review of lavender soaps here: The Great Lavender Shave-Off

Obviously, YMMV but perhaps it will help.

I like a nice lavender scent. It's relaxing. I've tried a few, but lavender shave soaps redden my face, so I can't use them that often. Currently, I only have an old puck of DR Harris lavender soap (scent is almost gone) that I still use occasionally. I pair it with Captain's Choice Lime aftershave. Works for me.

The best smelling lavender soap I ever had was Mike’s Hungarian Lavender. I don't think my face could take a lavender aftershave.

I don't like "sweet" smelling lavender - feel I need to get that "out of the way" first.

For me, Castle Forbes and Midnight and Two "Provence" are the best "clean/fresh" lavender scents out there.

I really enjoy a lavender shave. +1 the recommendation for Mike’s Hungarian and Castle Forbes. These are clean straight forward natural lavender scents. I’ve tried many brands and these are the two clear picks for me. Myrsol Agua Balsamica aftershave makes an excellent pairing.

Another lavender fan here, particularly straight up EO lavender. We have lavender on the farm and I distill our own lavender EO. For now, Castle Forbes is my soap/cream pick. I haven't tried Mike's but need to eventually. For aftershave, I'll use Thayers with aloe and add a few drops of lavender EO (2-4 drops per 4oz.).

I don't care for the perfumey/floral lavenders. I don't get along with B&M reserve lavender at all, which is too bad because I had high hopes for it. I don't care for the Thayer's Lavender either. Again, too perfumey/fragrancy.

Lot's of variety with lavender, so lots of options and opinions. As always...YMMV. :)

Top Bottom