What's new

Lavanda Arch Brito and Estoril Sports Line

Just an update...... I notified my supplier here in New Zealand. He checked a tube from his stock and it had the same consistency. He ordered fresh stock and sent me a tube which had a normal consistency. Interesting enough they have enlarged the size of the cap; both the outer diameter of the cap and the screw thread and tube hole. Photo comparison below....
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Yeah I agree. Shaved with the Lavanda the other day...... probably my best cream so far. I like that it has lanolin and no menthol as menthol irritates my skin.

Yeah I agree. Shaved with the Lavanda the other day...... probably my best cream so far. I like that it has lanolin and no menthol as menthol irritates my skin.

Musgo supposedly has menthol but it’s not detectable. At least I don’t feel it. Isn’t that odd!

Rick

I also think the Lavanda is more concentrated. Not overjoyed about the scent but if it continues to give me good shaves ill come to enjoy it.

Ach Brito Lavanda is the best and most natural lavender scent out there IMO
Tried about 8 lavender soaps sold all.

Ach Brito Lavanda is the best and most natural lavender scent out there IMO
Tried about 8 lavender soaps sold all.
I came back to this thread after trying Lavanda yesterday and today, just to see what the scent is perceived to be. I have used CF Lavender Essential Oil cream, and is smells like a sprig of Lavender snapped from the plant. I was surprised at the scent of Lavanda. I initially thought "menthol," though it contains none, and there is a warm spice, to my nose. Love the scent, but it seems as though there is more to it than straight up lavender? Performance wise, I see it as very similar to Musgo.

Lavanda is an amazing cream that can still be had for a reasonable price.
Haven't tried Musgo as I consider it to be overpriced. Perhaps @oversaturn can compare ingredients?
All Portuguese creams are great quality and great value.

Just had first two shaves with Ach Brito Lavanda, and I like it quite a bit. :thumbsup:

Performance wise, it reminded me of Speick, just a bit more slick perhaps. Scent wise, it's very pleasant, fresh and clean scent, but not quite as good lavender as Castle Forbes is (benchmark for perfect/true lavender scent for me).

Castle Forbes is a diffrent kind of Lavender, Suffolk Lavender. Almost exclusively used in British soaps/cremes. Ac Brito is more like a Lavender you find in Italy, France and Portugal. Lavanda does remind me of the Lavender Fields in Portugal when I was a kid. Hard to compare IMO.

Castle Forbes is a diffrent kind of Lavender, Suffolk Lavender. Almost exclusively used in British soaps/cremes. Ac Brito is more like a Lavender you find in Italy, France and Portugal. Lavanda does remind me of the Lavender Fields in Portugal when I was a kid. Hard to compare IMO.

Fair enough, I was exposed to a lot of lavender growing up, and CF reminded me of little sacks of dried up lavender as well as oils produced by small growers.

Chatillon Lux, B&M Reserve line and few others for example, I find on the sweet side and those are just not for me.

Ach Brito I like the scent, just not as much as as CF (or Midnight and Two "Provence"). I'm glad I tried it though, I'll likely buy it again.

I wondered if there was a regional difference. Thanks for that. I hope to be able to experience the Portuguese version some day. The fresh lavender I smelled was found here in FL.

Another couple notes about Lavanda...
I noticed the viscosity inconsistency throughout the tube, also, and....
7C6DC823-3D2D-4417-B291-2C75CEAF6222.jpeg
This dried Lavender, found in a Düsseldorf market today, smells much more like the cream than fresh Lavender I have smelled in the US!

How was that cream o mehlor? I’ve been eyeing it and wondered what the scent was comparable to. Is it better to just get la toja ?

I used O Melhor this morning to refresh my memory. The scent is very much like Top Secret, perhaps a bit stronger. It's pleasant, not as "soapy" as LA Toja, performance about the same as other quality Iberian creams .

I used O Melhor this morning to refresh my memory. The scent is very much like Top Secret, perhaps a bit stronger. It's pleasant, not as "soapy" as LA Toja, performance about the same as other quality Iberian creams .
I see it for 12 bucks , which seems like a great price . Much like wine, Portugal provides a great value for shaving supplies.

Top Bottom