What's new

Lavanda Arch Brito and Estoril Sports Line

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I have received these creams as a freebie with two orders. Can someone share his experience with these?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Two fine shaving creams. I think that you'll love them.
I prefer Lavanda over Men's Estoril, but the latter is a great cream also, with lots of slickness.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Let us know your thoughts when you use them. I have never heard of them before.

Lavanda works very well.
Think of it as a low-cost alternative to Musgo Real, from the same manufacturer and only available in lavender. Available as shaving cream and also as (equyally nice and fairly inexpensive) Eau de Cologne.

Not widely known (even in Portugal), but worth buying.
A side effect is that depending on the vendor the cream may be dated and while it still works well it may take some effort to coax it out of the tube.

Deserves to be better known.

I use also some other Portugese shaving products like the lovely bergamot scented Principe Real from Antiga Barbearia de Bairro, but have never used Estoril.

B.

Some creams may harden if they were exposed to warm temperatures along the way. That's the case of almost all Portuguese creams. Other creams may have this behavior as well, like e.g. Speick. When they harden, they can be difficult to get out of the tube.

But this has a simple solution. Put the cream in the fridge for a couple of days. It will become softer and will come out easier. I know, this sounds contra-intuitive, right? But it works! :)

Thera are different formulas of the lavanda shaving cream.
There was a celan one,another with triethanolamine and the previius with peg methicone.
I think they changed the formula and is now a clean formula again(without parabens,silicones and triethanolamine).
Can you post the ingredients list please.
I want to use this cream.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
The ingredients in the cream I have are: Water, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Lanolin, Octyldodecanol, Potassium Silicate, Avena Sativa Kernel Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77007 (Ultramarine blue), CI 19140, Sodium Sulfate, Linalool, Geraniol, Coumarin, Eugenol.

Thera are different formulas of the lavanda shaving cream.
There was a clean one,another with triethanolamine and the previius with peg methicone.
I think they changed the formula and is now a clean formula again(without parabens,silicones and triethanolamine).
Can you post the ingredients list please.
I want to use this cream.

This is the last version, since 2017. No parabens, no methicone, no SLS derivates:

proxy.php

There were several formulas in the past ~10 years, as you can see here. :)

The thing is, they changed the formula to a cleaner one, but also improved the performance. Way to go, Ach. Brito! :D

@oversaturn

Do you mean the regular fridge compartments or the freezer?

No, not the freezer! The "regular fridge compartments" will do the trick.
Speick was another cream with this type of behavior. Older packages of Speick included a leaflet which mentioned a warning about this (not sure if the recent ones still have it).

Ive got the newer 'clean' version and I have the problem of the cream separating in the tube. It comes out as a granular oily mess and keeps oozing out after I've finished with it. Anyone else have this problem and if so what's wrong and what can be done about it? Thanks- Michael.

Ive got the newer 'clean' version and I have the problem of the cream separating in the tube. It comes out as a granular oily mess and keeps oozing out after I've finished with it. Anyone else have this problem and if so what's wrong and what can be done about it? Thanks- Michael.

The cream can appear to be slightly granular (but really isn’t, once you rub it with your finger across your face), and is certainly no ”mess” AFAIK, but it does tend to ooze a little bit out of of the tube.
Not something that I found hard to get used to, nothing I consider “wrong”, and it certainly doesn’t affect performance.

BTW, I think for the latest packaging Ach Brito may added have a small rabbit symbol on the cardbox.

B

...maybe the cream have been exposed to bad storage conditions along the way? Dunno.
Seems like the opposite problem than the OP; too liquid vs too hard :D

Just try it. You may also try to put it in the fridge for a day or two (that won't hurt, I guess...).
But above all, try to lather the cream afterwards. If it works... problem solved. :)

Top Bottom