What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

Muhle STF - Sterling
IMG_20201114_144636314.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Leverspro -

this is the Extra Soft in copper. Pretty floppy, tbh and I know it's not everyone's thing. Works great for me, I truly love it and can't recommend it highly enough. For context: I am not an expert or anything and do have some experience. I have some high-end badger + synth brushes, e.g. a horn Plisson HMW and the new Plisson synth in palladium handle (that second one is super floppy and sparse, total opposite of dense but still does whip awesome lather with my hard soaps). But I also used the L'Occitane brush exclusively for 4 years while I already had the HMW and a custom Lee Sabini Finest in (legal) ivory handle, not to mention a custom Shavemac D01 2-band. I was trying the minimalist thing :)

Zenith also does the 50/50 which should be firmer. And you can also try to get one with lower loft, I think one vendor has customized and ordered them with lower loft for more backbone. Not sure if it's OK to post links and names here these days...
Good report my friend!

A Very Spicy Sunday shave with Stirling Spice, Old Spice, and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Stirling Soaps Stirling Spice
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R5, R4, and R3)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS: Old Spice (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice
EdC: Old Spice (US)

I look forward to shaves like this. It brings me back to when I was a kid. My father, grandfather, and uncle used this magic fragrance. It was my first AS and EdC when I was 11. It reminds me of good food, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and every day in between. To me, this is what family love smells like on the male side.

[IMG]
[IMG]

A Monday Morning shave with Vintage Colgate Mug Soap and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Soap: Vintage Colgate Mug Soap
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R6, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Scrubby Boar
AS/EdC: Clubman Special Reserve

A quick and easy shave using a mug and face lathering. I love smelling like the Contractor/Veteran that I am.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A Monday Morning shave with Vintage Colgate Mug Soap and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Soap: Vintage Colgate Mug Soap
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R6, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Scrubby Boar
AS/EdC: Clubman Special Reserve

A quick and easy shave using a mug and face lathering. I love smelling like the Contractor/Veteran that I am.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
haven't had the guts yet to bust out the Clubman Special Reserve for the winter.

A Tuesday Morning shave with Cella and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Soap: Cella
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R6, R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Horse
AS: Cella
ASB: @Captain Pre-Capsize 45th Parallel

A nice relaxing shave. Just nice and relaxing.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Another week, another fantastic Williams Wednesday with Modern Williams, Williams Aqua Velva Ice Blue, and Williams ASB.

Soap: Modern Williams crushed into a Marvy Mug
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Omega Pro 48
AS: Williams Aqua Velva (Eur)
ASB: Williams ASB (Eur)

Another Williams Wednesday for the love of the shave. It was just a perfect shave. Three passes, none against the grain, and semi-BBS.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Turkish Thursday with Arko Soap in a bowl (Refilled with a crushed soap stick) and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Soap: Arko Soap
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (2)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: The Shaving Factory Turkish Boar
AS: Arko Gold Power

I scrapped some of the Arko into the bottom of my @Captain Pre-Capsize Heavy Copper, poured some hot water over it while I showered. I poured the bloom water into the VdH bowl with fresh hot water to build the lather from. That lather got slick, thick, and creamy. A really nice shave, if I do say so myself.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Top Bottom