What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

8CF81D58-058B-454C-A36A-345A460C02F3.jpeg
Yaqi 26mm moka 2 band latherd up with arko

Lovely looking lather you got there!
Thanks...I have Colonel Cook's 4 types of soap...Amber, Bayrum, Almond and Lime...all are good quality shave soaps...
Took me awhile to figure out how to get the proper lather...like now...really wonderful soaps...and very affordable all the way from US to Malaysia....

Lathers from Sunday until today;

proxy.php

I've had a puck of Arko for a few weeks, but haven't made the plunge yet (barely month into officially wet-shaving)...think the scent is holding me back. Perhaps it's a little more tame when whipped up into a nice lather?

It's not bad smelling to me, per se...just a little in your face and slightly, let's just say, less masculine than some of the other soaps I have tried. :)

Strangely, I did find my TOBS sandlewood soap a little feminine and strong compared to the cream, which I LOVE; however, the power of the Arko dwarfs the pungency of the TOBS.

I'll take it for a test drive this weekend.

I've had a puck of Arko for a few weeks, but haven't made the plunge yet (barely month into officially wet-shaving)...think the scent is holding me back. Perhaps it's a little more tame when whipped up into a nice lather?

It's not bad smelling to me, per se...just a little in your face and slightly, let's just say, less masculine than some of the other soaps I have tried. :)

Strangely, I did find my TOBS sandlewood soap a little feminine and strong compared to the cream, which I LOVE; however, the power of the Arko dwarfs the pungency of the TOBS.

I'll take it for a test drive this weekend.
If you can, air it out a bit. It will help with the smell. I personally love it. Just a clean smell.

That is a good question and I do not know. I use my scuttle on the counter by the sink so I don't think the bottom sees too much water. I think the level of porosity of clay depends on how it is molded and how it is fired. I bet you could shoot GP an e-mail and ask. If it is not waterproofed I also bet you could use a waterproofing compound on that bottom surface. Again GP could probably provide some guidance on that.

I was surprised to read that we can put boiling water in these scuttles (though I later learned that it will melt my cream unless I backed off the heat a little), so reached out to GP in hopes that the 'unfinished' bottom (no glaze) won't present a problem to those of us using them in the shower...seems we're good to go! :)

Hi,

I spoke with the owner and he said you have nothing to worry about by getting the bottom of the piece wet. It will last 3000 years and beyond!!!

Top Bottom