What's new

Largest DE Razor Blade Gap Adjustable Or Otherwise

I don't think Rod ever published a gap for either one of his razors. Maybe someone on the forum has measured theirs? I never owned one, so I don't know. I have the ST and the gap on the ST is much larger than the one on the Legacy; the Legacy's is published at 1.2.
It seems some companies are upfront. Yaqi, Shield/Boti, Rockwell, Rex, Woman, Blackland publish the blade gaps, some also publish the exposure. Others don't. You just read through paragraphs of how great they are for the environment, ethics, politics, etc., etc., and not mention basic things like handle length, diameter, blade gap/exposure, and even component materials used.

It seems some companies are upfront. Yaqi, Shield/Boti, Rockwell, Rex, Woman, Blackland publish the blade gaps, some also publish the exposure. Others don't. You just read through paragraphs of how great they are for the environment, ethics, politics, etc., etc., and not mention basic things like handle length, diameter, blade gap/exposure, and even component materials used.
Google "helped" me with the Wolfman spelling.

Yaqi knight-helmet has a 1.65mm blade gap. The Yaqi slant not slope not SS head claims to be the most aggressive Yaqi but doesn't list a blade gap.

I had the Knight Helmet. It's a beast. Not only does it have a large gap but it also has a ton of exposure.
Thanks. Good to know. I have one on the way. Not sure why they don't make a SS version. Also they have a zamak AC head also on the way that has a 1.20mm blade gap when their biggest SS version available is only 1.0mm.

Top Bottom