What's new

Lambda Athena

Gents, yes it is. It’s the open comb baseplate from my Piccolo Special Edition. Perhaps the best thing for Friday is: no alignment issues! (it’s not as bad as you read by the way but it happens).

Last time I used this combination I noted in my journal that I swapped back to the Athena baseplate for the ATG pass. It is just sooo good!! :001_wub:

I know that this is the Athena thread, but as it has a fair bit of discussion of the Ares as well I thought I'd post some thoughts having used it three times since it arrived.

I might actually prefer it to the Athena, having used it for 72h and 24h stubble head shaves. I find it more efficient than the Athena but as smooth. No problem using a Kai blade in there, although I was reminded tonight that it actually is an open comb as I got careless on the back of my neck and cut myself a little. 100% user error. Otherwise it made short work of a 1.5 XTG/ATG hybrid pass, with no irritation and a great result despite the bloodshed.

I would recommend anyone on the fence to pick one up when able to, as you might find it to give the Athena (and any other razor in your possession) a run for the money.

1000018227.jpg

Last edited:
Gents, yes it is. It’s the open comb baseplate from my Piccolo Special Edition. Perhaps the best thing for Friday is: no alignment issues! (it’s not as bad as you read by the way but it happens).

Last time I used this combination I noted in my journal that I swapped back to the Athena baseplate for the ATG pass. It is just sooo good!! :001_wub:
Is there a prize? Did I win a prize?

I know that this is the Athena thread, but as it has a fair bit of discussion of the Ares as well I thought I'd post some thoughts having used it three times since it arrived.

I might actually prefer it to the Athena, having used it for 72h and 24h stubble head shaves. I find it more efficient than the Athena but as smooth. No problem using a Kai blade in there, although I was reminded tonight that it actually is an open comb as I got careless on the back of my neck and cut myself a little. 100% user error. Otherwise it made short work of a 1.5 XTG/ATG hybrid pass, with no irritation and a great result despite the bloodshed.

I would recommend anyone on the fence to pick one up when able to, as you might find it to give the Athena (and any other razor in your possesion) a run for the money.

View attachment 1842865
I definitely prefer the Ares over the Athena…until I use my Athena again and then I see the Athena is actually better...until I use the Ares and it’s definitely better…. And so on. I’ve had them both for two years and I still can’t decide, even though they really aren’t the same.

I read the comments under the Osprey review expecting to see him called out, and a few did, but fully 90-95% were fanboys thanking him for an honest review, or for saving them money as they'd been considering that razor. It was truly baffling.
I can imagine why...
I placed a comment and questioned his approach. He even replied to my comment and tried to justify his biased "review". A short time later (a couple of days) the comments were deleted.

This guy has no credibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom